Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunny (Business Developement Executive)     10 June 2010

is it a Crime if i get in to Live in relationship

Dear Legal Advisors,

i  got married on may 2009,In the month of Dec 2009 my wife filed a False IPC 498a 3,4 DP Act case on me & my Parents.Can i get in to live in relationship before geeting Divource from my wife.

Please advice.

Regards,

Sunny

Learning

10 Replies

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     10 June 2010

Yes, Live-ini is not an offense under IPC. The courts take long live-ins as marriage if the girl living (in live-in) with you invokes some section of DV or IPC. Otherwise, it is not a bigamy and must not have any problem.

1 Like

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     10 June 2010

Your live in relationship may be a ground for divorce for your wife. And can also strengthen her DV case against you.

Daksh (Student)     10 June 2010

Dear All,

I fully endorse my learned friend Suchitra's view and would like to add further that yes there is a bar pending your divorce qua the admitted live in relationship.

Best Regards

Daksh

Daksh (Student)     10 June 2010

Dear Sunny,

You could have addressed us in a more appropriate way i.e. brothers, sisters, collegues friends Legal Advisors seems to be more of a obligatory term.(especially for students like me and Suchitra.S).

Best Regards

Daksh

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     10 June 2010

yes, ms. suchitra and mr legal fighter are right.

i only add in this context that, be carefull about married woman, you can not s*x with her because ipc 497 will be applicable against you.  do not go on formal marriage like saptapadi, exchange of garland etc. this will attract sec 494 ipc.

YOGESHWAR. (ADVOCATE HIGH COURT-criminal /civil -youract@gmail.com)     10 June 2010

All these friends are telling you the provisions of law and law is such that it will not allow you to live. But if your live in partner is cooprative and willing to stand with you with conviction ; do not worry. No body can harm you law or no law.

2 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     10 June 2010

Agreed with Suchitra.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     10 June 2010

fully agreed with Suchitra

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     11 June 2010

agreed with suchitra

Ravikant Soni (LAWYER IN JAIPUR)     11 June 2010

yes it is crime under section 497 Indian penal code. And more so you will fell into the consequences of DV. And it also be the ground of divorce against  you in favor of your wife.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register