LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

J (SR MGR)     14 April 2010

indemnity bond

Can anyone please reply with a standard indemnity bond format to be submitted to Co-op Hsg Society for loss of share certificate( showing ownership )of housing property?

Learning

7 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     14 April 2010

Modify suitably to your requirement and use the format

Attached File : 44 44 annexure a b.doc downloaded: 2309 times
2 Like

J (SR MGR)     15 April 2010

Thanks for your immediate reply,but unfortunately the file is not opening.Can you send it as a separate attachment?

A V Vishal (Advocate)     15 April 2010

FORMAT OF INDEMNITY BOND FOR ISSUE OF DUPLICATE SHARES

(Please type this indemnity bond after carefully reading the notes mentioned below the format)

To,

The Secretary,

(Name of the Hsg Society )

Address of the Hsg Society

WHEREAS

I/We, (name of the shareholder(s), hold share bearing Distinctive number comprised in the Share Certificate No(s). _________. The shares of the following descripttion are standing in my/our name in the Register of Members of the (name of the Hsg Society).

Folio No.        Certificate Nos.         Distinctive Nos.                   

WHEREAS

The share certificate No. ________________ in respect of the above shares has/have been lost or mislaid and is/are not traceable. I/We declare that the said share certificate(s) was/were not accompanied by any blank transfer deed signed by me/us and that I/We have not, nor has any person by my/our order disposed off, parted with or pledged / deposited by way of security the said share certificate(s) or assigned my/our interest therein or any part have neither been sold or transferred to anybody by me/us and I/We am/are entitled to the custody of the certificate(s) of title relating to such shares as I/We am/are the absolute owners of the same as registered shareholder(s). I/We undertake to surrender the said share certificate(s) to the Hsg Society if and when the same is/are found at a later date.

NOW THEREFORE :

I/We, (name of the shareholder(s) aged __ years, residing at (address of the shareholder/s) approach the Hsg Society to please issue duplicate share certificate(s) in lieu of the original shares covered under Folio No. _______ and bearing Certificate No(s). ___________ held by me/us.

In consideration of the Hsg Society having agreed to issue duplicate share certificates for the aforesaid shares in my/our name, I/we am/are executing a bond in favour of the Hsg Society.

Upon the Hsg Society, having agreed to issued duplicate share certificates for the aforesaid shares, I/We the undersigned applicant(s) hereunder for myself/ourselves, my/our heirs, executors, administrators and assigns do hereby jointly and severally covenant with the Hsg Society, its successors and assigns and agree and undertake at all times save, defend and to indemnify and keep indemnified the Hsg Society, its successors and assigns its estate and effects, and its office bearers and shareholders and their heirs, executors and assigns from and against all actions, suits, proceedings, accounts, claims and demands whatsoever for or on account of the said shares or dividends or any part thereof or otherwise in connection with the same, and from and against all losses, costs, claims, actions, demands, risks, charges, expenses, damages and losses arising in any manner howsoever.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF I/We, the applicant(s) herein has/have signed and set my/our hands on this ____ day of _______ 200 .

Name and address of the Shareholder(s)           Signature of the Shareholder(s)

Name and address of Witness                                          Signature of the Witness

Place ;

Date :

SURETY

We, (name of the surety No.1) aged __ years, residing at (residential address of Surety No.1) and having business address at (official address of Surety No.1),

and

(name of the surety No.2) aged __ years, residing at (residential address of Surety No.2) and having business address at (official address of Surety No.2),

the undersigned, certify that the above facts are true to the best of our knowledge. We bind ourselves sureties to make good all claims, charges, costs, damages, demands, expenses and losses which the Hsg Society, its successors and assigns its estate and effects and its office bearers and shareholders may sustain, incur or be liable for in consequence of complying with the request contained above and the Hsg Society, its successors, assigns, directors, manager, secretary and shareholders will be entitled to realise all claims, charges, costs, damages, demands, expenses and losses from our persons and our properties, as the case may be.

Place :

Date:

Name and Address of the Witness                       Signature of the Witness

Name and Address of the Surety                         Signature of the Surety

NOTES:

1.    Indemnity Bond should be on Non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.200/-.

2.    Please fill up the details as per the documents you are annexing.  Please do not just type this format as it is.

3.    Indemnity Bond should be witnessed by two persons.

4.    Two sureties are required to be furnished

5.    Witness and Surety have to be different individuals.

6.    Each Surety has to attach attested copy of his PAN Card and Form 16 of the latest financial year and attested copy of his proof of identification viz. Ration Card, Election Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, etc. 

7.    Indemnity Bond should be attested by Notary

FORMAT OF AFFIDAVIT FOR VERIFYING THE LOSS OF SHARE CERTIFICATES FOR ISSUING DUPLICATE SHARES

(Please type this Affidavit after carefully reading the notes mentioned below the format)

AFFIDAVIT

I, __________ son/daughter/spouse of _________ aged ___, residing at __________________, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:

1. That  I/We, Shri/Smt. (Name of the shareholder/s), am holding _____   share in (the name of the Hsg Society) covered under Folio No. _______ and Share Certificate No(s). ___________, bearing Distinctive Nos. ________ 

Folio No.        Certificate Nos.         Distinctive Nos.

1. That Shri/Smt. (name of the shareholder) has not sold, transferred, pledged or otherwise disposed off the said shares.

1. That the share certificate No(s). ___________ of the said shares has/ have been lost or mislaid and is not in my/our possession.

1. I/We have searched or caused searches to be made for the said certificate(s), but even after careful and diligent search, I /We have been unable to find out or trace the same.

1. Since the said certificate(s) was / were issued, I /We have not sold, mortgaged, pledged or otherwise encumbered or disposed of the said shares or parted with the possession of the said certificates in any manner and the said shares is / are my/ our absolute property. The best of my/ our knowledge and belief, the said certificates has/ have either been lost or been accidentally destroyed. In case at any time I / We find the said Share Certificate(s) or any of them I /We shall immediately handover the same to the Hsg Society.

1. I have already executed indemnity bond for issuing duplicate shares in lieu of the original share certificates for the aforesaid shares held by me/us.

1. I therefore request the (Name of the Hsg Society) to issue duplicate shares in lieu of the original share certificates for the aforesaid shares

I am executing this declaration to be submitted to the concerned authorities of the Hsg Society.

I hereby state that whatever is stated herein above are true to the best of my knowledge.

Solemnly affirmed at ________    )

On this ____ day of ______ 200   )           (Signature of the Applicant/s)

Deponent

Identified by me                                                       Before Me

Advocate                                           S.E.M./ Oaths Commissioner/Notary

NOTES:

1.    Affidavit should be on Non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.100/-, if the shareholder resides in Maharashtra and he resides anywhere in rest of India it should be on NJS of Rs.20/-.

2.    Please fill up the details as per the documents you are annexing.  Please do not just type this format as it is.

3.    Affidavit should be attested by Notary/S.E.M/Oaths Commissioner

2 Like

shrikant chede (law officer)     15 April 2010

Thanks for important information

Chandrashekar (Advocate & Legal Consultant)     15 April 2010

Great fourm.. just joined but i think the information passed on is priceless and at right time tooo..

Priyanka   24 April 2010

Dear eXPERTS,

In my case, the society has issued two certificates, where in the certificate nos are same but with two different disticntive numbers, due to inadvertance. Now we have registered a gift deed based of one of the certificates issued to us.

Now when we made a request for endorsement, soc says, that gift deed has to be rectified. so we suggested, that we are ready to issue a indemnity bond for the same. Could u pls guide me in this matter and accordingly suggest an indemnity bond format at the earliest.

Regards

Priyanka

Josephine O. Curry   06 July 2019

Share Certificate is the most important document issued to the members of the Co-operative housing society. The member who has lost his Original Share Certificate should make an application to the Society with Indemnity bond.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register