Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Father written some property on unregistered deed.

My father has written some property in 1985 on my name before his death and document is unregistered which has been found recently. Is it a valid document to claim that property now. As the property is being forcefully enjoyed by my brother.. Do I have any chance in claiming that property now which is mine as written to me by my father which is his self acquired property. Kindly reply me possibilities to claim.

Learning

6 Replies

Shashi Dhara   13 August 2019

If it is will then u may issue legal notice and obtain PSCeven not. Registered.contact local advocate with documents take his opinion.

sm.calcutta (Advocate)     13 August 2019

if it is in the form of a will, and the document bears signature of two attesting witnesses, you can claim your property after obtaining probate. whether registered or not, does not matter.

(Guest)
Hi sir thanks for your replies thats the unregistered partition deed between me and my father. So is it valid to claim my share schedule properties.please reply me..

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 August 2019

If it is unregistered partition deed between you and your father, you are having knowledge of such deed in 1985 and you must also be having a copy of such document, what is the explanation for remaining silent for 34 years as the claim is barred by limitation.  I am sorry some facts are missing in the query for your silence for 34 years and who is in the possession and the names in revenue records etc.  Contact local advocate to explore possibilities.

(Guest)
Thanks for your reply prasad ji but I gotto know from our village cooperative society my father used to take care of all those things earlier. Is there any chance to claim that property now please let me know possibilities..

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 August 2019

The simple option is to file a suit for partition pleading that your father had died intestate and that you are joint possession of the late father's property and seeking the partion of the property. Let the defendents come up with their side of the story.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register