LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manisha   09 April 2019

Taxability of trf of land to non relative

I want to trf land to my friend. How can i do so without attracting income tax in the hands of my friend and mine?

Learning

5 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     09 April 2019

It is better you cantact a Chartered Accountant or Income Tax Practitioner for proper advice.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 April 2019

It all depends on facts and there is much noise in high circles of Quid pro quo and ED's searches for the real motive when one parts such valuable asset to other without valid and adequate compensation.

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     09 April 2019

Expert Mr. Prasad has cautioned ypu rightly. Bcoz a transfer of immovable asset to anunrelated party, cannot be a gift and  would attract normal  regn. fees at SRO level as applicable to sale transactions.

Now,coming to Income tax liability ,on the part of the transferor there is no gain exigible to tax. But on the other hand for the transferee, it is a case of Capital Gain, exigible to Income tax as due.

However,the matter needs to be discussed with an experienced lawyer locally with underlying facts and intention, as there is scope to avoid both Regn. fee and Income tax liability , if the matters are properly planned and documented. 

Manisha   09 April 2019

What if i gift it through gift deed, is it still taxable?

Manisha   09 April 2019

What if i gift it through registered gift deed, is it still taxable?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register