LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudipta Kapuria   26 March 2019

Employer not providing resignation acceptance letter

I have resigned on 1st March 2019 and my last working day is 22nd March 2019 mention in the official resignation mail. My employer is not responding to the mail nor giving me acceptance reply of that mail. On 22nd they have give me a list of work. And told me that complete the list and take your acceptance and release. I have to join the new organization on 1st April with resignation acceptance/ release letter as mentioned by them in the offer letter. No such documents are in my hand for joining. My present employer is harrasing me . Pls any one can help in this matter, if there are some other wayout.

Learning

8 Replies

TGK REDDI   26 March 2019

Move the Court of Law.

Don't waste time.

Can any one suggest lawyer at New Delhi to handle my case

Can any one suggest lawyer at New Delhi to handle my case

Gia Khalifa   26 March 2019

Originally posted by : Sudipta Kapuria
I have resigned on 1st March 2019 and my last working day is 22nd March 2019 mention in the official resignation mail. My employer is not responding to the mail nor giving me acceptance reply of that mail. On 22nd they have give me a list of work. And told me that complete the list and take your acceptance and release.

I have to join the new organization on 1st April with resignation acceptance/ release letter as mentioned by them in the offer letter. No such documents are in my hand for joining.

My present employer is harrasing me .

Pls any one can help in this matter, if there are some other wayout.

Concept of providing acceptance of resignation letter does not exist, send a mail and thats it.

New employer wants this documents at the time of joining. Clearly mentioned in my offer letter. This is not my requirement. If new employer doesn't want this documents I am very much happy to walk with the official resignation mail and by switching off my cell ph.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     27 March 2019

My Dear Sir,

Please understand the matter from your Employer too. Do not be obcessed with your requirement and joining a new job alone. Having joined an organisation, you should follow the internal rules and regulations or Standing Orders. You must have signed an agreement while joining the organisation from which you resigned through mail. Do not expect the present Employer to release you merely because you sent a mail. Please do approach the HR in the organisation and resign properly as per the rules and request for a relieving letter. Moving Court etc are last resort.  If once you go to Court, you do not know how many days/months or years it would take. Further, once its known that for a small matter you are moving the Court gets into your record and your present Employer shall ensure that. Once it becomes that you are a litigent Employee, nobody else shall be pleased to take you.  I am not trying to scare you or saying that always the Employer is right.

As an Employee, you should also comply with the requirements of the Employer in the process or resignation.  From the narration you have given, I do not find any abnormal request from your present Employer. Please go to the HR and discuss the matter personally.

1 Like

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     27 March 2019

My Dear Sir,

Please understand the matter from your Employer's angle too. Do not be obcessed with your requirement and joining a new job alone. Having joined an organisation, you should follow the internal rules and regulations or Standing Orders. You must have signed an agreement while joining the organisation from which you resigned through mail. Do not expect the present Employer to release you merely because you sent a mail. Please do approach the HR in the organisation and resign properly as per the rules and request for a relieving letter. Moving Court etc. are last resort.  If once you go to Court, you do not know how many days/months or years it would take for you to get judgement and you cann be sure that such judgement shall be in your favour. Further, once its known that for a small matter you are moving the Court gets into your record (your present Employer shall ensure that), you shall be branded as a litigent Employee and nobody else shall be pleased to take you.  I am not trying to scare you or saying that always the Employer is right.

As an Employee, you should also comply with the requirements of the Employer in the process of resignation.  From the narration you have given, I do not find any abnormal request from your present Employer. Please go to the HR and discuss the matter personally.

1 Like

Srinivas D. Pattadakall (Manager)     30 March 2019

Dear Friend,

As per your appointement letter what is the notice period you have to serve?

Have completed your notice period?

Is there any reason behind not accepting your resignation? 

Based on these question

If you are completed your notice period then ask the HR / your reporting manager to acceptence of your resignation.

If you are not yet completed your notice period just complete it.

There might be any particular reason behind not accepting the resignation.

Hope for the best if you have any other query pl feel free to ask.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register