Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashutosh chaudhary   24 March 2019

about gift deed in property registration

Hi sir/mam,
My father want to register my ancestors property to my name, will it comes under gift deed, if yes then how much stamp duty should i have to pay, I'm from west UP.
Thanks!

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 March 2019

Without stating full facts, you can not expect guidance from on line forum.   Trust a local advocate and seek his opinion and draft the necessary deeds.  As he stays locally, you can approach him in the future for his advice in case of complications. (Your father is just a co-sharer in the ancestral property ( in the post you have stated my ancestral property....is not correct-At the most he can relinquish his share of property in your favour and not the entire property belonging to other co-sharers)

Ashutosh chaudhary   25 March 2019

I just want to know approximate expenditure of stamp duty in gift deed. So that i can arrange the money beforehand because i have to take leave feom office for that and I'm in bangalore, my home is in UP. So if you can give me approximate stamp duty % on gift deed above 90 lakh valuation of property

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 March 2019

The rate of stamp duty varies from State to State. In most of the States, gift among close relatives attract only nominal stamp duty.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register