LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mayawati devi   24 March 2019

how to disown parents?

my parents has been mentally harassing me since childhood by the means of verbal abuse ,mental abuse,emotional abuse,i was forced to marry unwillingly to a person who is working out india in a foreign country, he doesn't visit me and there is no communication between us properly,i don't want to leave my country and i want him to come and work in india as well .because my parents and husband promised that before marriage that he would come after 3 years.5 years have passed and still he rarely visits.i do not want to continue my marriage and wants to continue my study for pg.but my parents are continuously abusing me .and calling me names, i am still not working and both my parents and husband are not supporting me financially .my parents are continuously threatening me due to these i have landed into depression and continuously thinking abt suicide.iwant to take legal action against my parents.kindly help me with ur valuable advice .

Learning

8 Replies

TGK REDDI   25 March 2019

I appreciate the Quesioner.

The nature of parents is well exposed.

If the Questioner is above 18, she's supposed to maintain herself claiming lawfully share from the father, if any.

Expecting something from the husband is not to my liking. 

2 Like

mayawati devi   25 March 2019

thanks for the suggestion i would definitely consider your advice,i have recently shifted to a new city and i m still facing lots of problem since they are mentally harassing me by using vulgar words ,taunting,criticizing words,demoralizing me over the phone which is weakening my mental health is there any way out ?can i get rid of them?or by signing a bond?if there is any

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 March 2019

The following is the essence of the post: " my parents and husband are not supporting me financially .

Once the daughter is given to the bridegroom as Kanyadana....there is no further links and bonds except mutual love and affection.

You can orally tell your parents not to come and disturb you or can issue a legal notice through an advocate or approach any Voluntary organization for such legal help.

It is all left to your discretion, as every human being want some family support system at every step in life.

Once orally asked not to visit, parents with self-respect will not visit your house.  (normally as per Hindu tradition they are are not supposed to stay and accept anything from you, unless you have a child.)

This is purely your personal matter and you have to take a decision.  Traditionally, we all believe that parents have more concern on children and whatever they do is only for welfare their children though their ways may hurt children temporarily.

1 Like

Shashi Dhara   25 March 2019

Take help of If u have any good friend who knows about u better & is ready to help u or seek help from any social welfare dept
1 Like

Shashi Dhara   25 March 2019

Take help of If u have any good friend who knows about u better & is ready to help u or seek help from any social welfare dept to come out of harassment and mental agony from Ur parents andhusband
1 Like

Vijay Kumar (Law Officer)     25 March 2019

Originally posted by : Shashi Dhara
Take help of If u have any good friend who knows about u better & is ready to help u or seek help from any social welfare dept

This is wrong advice.

mayawati devi   25 March 2019

gyan prakash ji why do u think so?

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 March 2019

The concept of a child disowning the parents or the parent(s) disowning the child unknown to law. Of course, once grown up and an adult, every person entitled to be left alone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register