LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mansaadarsh Hegde   27 February 2019

husband sudden death

after sudden unexpected death of husband does his entire property belongs to his wife and his kids?

Learning

17 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     27 February 2019

As per Hindu Law of  Sucession the property shall pass to the wife and children. However if the property is self owned by the Husband and he has left a will then the distribution shall be as according to will.

Shashi Dhara   27 February 2019

If his mother is alive she has also entitled

Recently my husband died due to massive heart attack aged 40 he was a business man.. I am 6 month pregnant for second child when he died my first son is 9 year old.. Due to sudden unexpected death he had not made any will in our name.. His all property is in his name and my in-laws name but not mentioned wifes name in any property registration paper.. Because my in-laws were very dominant and strict in every property in-laws name is mentioned they never allowed his wife name to mention in paper.. Now after his death I have nothing in my name ..i have no monthly income now I was financially alwys dependent on my husband but now after his death I donno what to do .. I don't have own house too we use to staying in rented house saperate from in laws alwys ... Pls suggest me what I can do now.. Do I still have rights on any of his property? Do I get monthly money to take care of me and my kids...should I go to court.. . Now for everything I have to beg my in-laws to lead my life ..morover my in-laws don't like me from the beginning

Am a housewife as I know my husband made a good property ..my in-laws hv thr own house they are staying in that..how do i lead my life with 2 kids now.. Moreover am pregnant now my due date is in may month

I don't even clearly know what all property he made.. My husband hardly use to share about it with me.. He use to share only with my in-laws

You and your children have the right very much in the property of your husband, if the property of  your  In laws is ancestral then you have also right in that.

Just you need a real good lawyer who could guide you. Your husband's abnk account will be your and your children property,if the bussiness was his owned that also goes in your name.

You should compose yourself and be strong to fight for your rights.

It is better to involve some socail orgnisation nearby to you who would mediate first with your in laws.

You must beknowing about the bank account of your husband you need to get Sucession certificate to claim the amount though the share of children shall be deposted in the fixed deposits.

You need to be vigilant over your rights otherwise your in laws will surely to to do some mischief.

You cannot handle the Bussiness that your husband was doing. You need a really good lawyer who will help you to dig the matter.

Recently my husband died due to massive heart attack aged 40 he was a business man.. I am 6 month pregnant for second child when he died my first son is 9 year old.. Due to sudden unexpected death he has not made any will in our name.. His all property is in his name and my in-laws name but not mentioned wifes name in any property registration paper.. Because my in-laws were very dominant and strict ..In every property in-laws name is mentioned they never allowed his wife name to mention in paper (am not sure) .. Now after his death I have nothing in my name ..i have no monthly income now am not working am a housewife I was financially alwys dependent on my husband but now after his death I donno what to do .. I don't have own house too we use to stay in rented house saperate from in laws alwys ... Pls suggest me what I can do now.. Do I still have rights on any of his property? Do I get monthly money to take care of me and my kids...should I go to court.. . Now for everything I have to beg my in-laws to lead my life ..morover my in-laws don't like me from the beginning because ours is Intercaste and love marriage .... My husband had a good business as I know he made a good property But I don't clearly know what all property he made.. My husband hardly use to share about it with me.. He n his parents knows everything ..now his parents also transferring my husband own to his younger brother name

I mean transferring my husband's own business which was in his name to his younger brother who's also married

You mean to say your Husnband's bussiness has been transferred in his brother's name...? You have the right in that. can you detail please.

Yes in his brothers name.. My husband had a veg restaurant.. Bar n restraunt..MRP liquor shops and other managing business

You need to claim everything first amicaibly but then legally. You will  certainly get justice. Just need to have a very professional and prudent lawyer.

Dont loose hope don't get depressed. Try to gather as much of documentation and information as you can.

Don't gie anyone the original documents if you have, provide photo copies. Make a complete list of events and properties . Remian alert about everything. 

1 Like

Shashi Dhara   27 February 2019

u have any support from Ur parents.or brothers or relatives. On reading Ur writing others husband s shud awake and take care about there wife and children.if not they deserve .an advocate may tell law but it is. Very hard to implement.no immediate solution is there.in court the judge who understands situation may order for interim maintenance. That too 2000or 3000rs which is negligible for today's life.as Ur inlaws r financially strong they intentionally trouble u and Ur children.purposefully.so all of u sit together and come to family settlement with well wishers.

I have only my mother who's 70age.. She gets pension for herself ... I can't take her support financially.. I don't hv brothers.. Relatives can support but can't ask or financial help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register