LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jas   24 December 2018

Australian divorce

Hi Me an and my wife have seprated for the past 1.5 years and i live in australia how easy is it to get mutal consent divorce in india and is it time consuming and do i need to be present in court ? For it I have an option of single applicant divoce in australia is it valid in india and how can serve the papers are thier proffesional servers in india Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     24 December 2018

Indian divorce by mutual consent has become very easy and less time consuming if you both want to proceed here. Separation of 1.5 years will help you get divorce within 7-10days period as the 6 months period of waiting for finalisation of divorce after presenting joint petition for divorce by mutual consent can be waived off by the Family Court and you both are free immediately after filling application for waiving 6 months period after a week of moving divorce petition or first motion as it is commonly referred. You both can fly down from Australia, and get the process completed in shorted time to return back. Yes if either of you have issue traveling to India, he/she can give power of attorney for the process in the Family Court in India to some relative. For detailed discussion contact me after checking my profile here in this forum. vijaymahajan5758@gmail.com
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register