Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shravankumar Kalasannavar   24 November 2018

own name property made in a joint family

RESPECTED SIR/MADAM

I owned some properties on my name while I was in the joint family. my brother is not intellectual means he was unable to earn the money. Always he was depend on my earnings. I did marriage of him when my father and mother were alive. I had 3 children. also his whole family burdened me. so we devided the family since 10 years ago on the basis of court apidevit.i gave the properties of my inheritance to my brother. also all the properties in gram Panchayat are in my name only. is my brother or his wife may claim on my named properties?

Learning

3 Replies

the crop land which is on the name of my father yet my brother has not transformed it into his name. now his wife is wanted to transform it into their name but my sisters are arguing regard that. so wife of my brother is again going to appeal in the name of my brother that the sharing of property was not satisfactory. so again it is needed to share properly. so I asked that, is there any problem regarding the properties which are there in my title.

plz reply sir....

the crop land which is on the name of my father yet my brother has not transformed it into his name. now his wife is wanted to transform it into their name but my sisters are arguing regard that. so wife of my brother is again going to appeal in the name of my brother that the sharing of property was not satisfactory. so again it is needed to share properly. so I asked that, is there any problem regarding the properties which are there in my title.

plz reply sir....

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 November 2018

If you have a legally valid settlement deed duly witnessed, and separated it is valid for all purposes.  Contact local advocate for more guidance who can give his opinion on going through such settlement / partition deed.  Let the other party raise the issue through court and prepared to face the situation.  As far as those properties in your name , mutated as per settlement deed, you need not worry.  Do not get agitated by your sisters suggestions and depend on professional advice.  One can not find any irregularity when some one wants to transfer the property in their name on the basis of a valid partition deed in Revenue records.  Your brother might have not done it, and now your sister in law may want it and you have no role to play in their affairs once the property was already divided.  Please do not assume things on your own, and face the situation when it comes, as you have not done anything improperly against law.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register