LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aks   25 October 2018

Society maintenance dues

I am inheriting a flat as per my father's last will. The will is in the court for probate and citations are being sent to my siblings who are avoiding them. The flat is locked and no one lives in it.

In the meantime, acountant of the father's Estate is sending me bills demanding that I must pay electrical and society maintenance charges. As the Will is not probated yet. am i responsible to pay these bills at this time.  If I wait until Will get6 probated and I legally become the owner, what can be the harm to me. ?

In other words, should I pay electrical and maintenance bills before Will gets probated ?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 October 2018

Pay the taxes in time irrespective of your cases.

1 Like

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     25 October 2018

The accountant of your father' s estate is responsible to pay all outgoings with regards to the flat till the Court probates the WILL in your favour. However it will be prudent for you to pay the outgoings to avoid any untoward legal procedure in case of non-payment of dues. You can collect the amount so paid from the accountant in the event of WILL not being probated in your favour.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register