LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tushar   13 October 2018

Regarding adivasi land purchase

I am an adivasi. I have purchased an adivasi pand in badlapur dist thane, and till date i have paid half of the fixed amount to the adivasi whose name is in 7 12. And so i had started the process of taking permission for house and collector permission for making 7 12 in my name... But now some other person(non adivasi) is claiming that he has already buyed the land and as he is not an adivasi he has buyed it in the name of some other adiwasi... Now i am all stuck in between ...i have demanded the adiwasi to return my money and also the expense that i have spend on the land from last 3 years but they are not responding... What should i do? प्ल्झ help

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 October 2018

The threats of the buyer may not work against you, as he himself will be landing in trouble for a benami transaction.

Knowing that it is Adivasi land and sale is barred you have purchased the same.  Your applying for permission to collector is itself a proof that you are aware that land transfer is subject to certain approvals.

Better contact local advocate and take his guidance as you have on your own invited and landed to unnecessary controversies and it is not possible for any expert to guide you without knowing complete facts with such documents.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 October 2018

Please check whether the land allotted by State/ Local government to an adivasi can be sold/purchased by another adivasi ? I think it can neither be sold nor purchased but for exclusive use of allottee ?

However, if some one else claims to have purchased the land you can file either suit for specific performance (if you are ready and willing to pay balance of consideration) or suit for recovery of earnest money paid to the vendor (seller).

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer to appreciate facts/ documents, guide and proceed.

1 Like

Tushar   26 October 2018

How can 1 check whether the adivasi land can be sold or purchased to any other adivasi?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 October 2018

You can entrust this to an advocate and make a search of such sale transactions in the office of Sub-registrar over a period you wish.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register