LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Marriage query

I am 24 yrs girl doing job in IT company in Mumbai.I belong to OBC category.My bf is 25 yrs doing job in International company in Mumbai . He belongs to SC category i.e. he is dalit. We love each other . But I am afraid of his caste and treatment people give to their caste as it is lowest caste.I love him but not ready to accept his caste.Should I marry him? My family is against this marriage. He supports me alot and we share every problems,joy,happiness with each other.He is good guy but financially weak.He promise me that he will do hard work to bring luxury life to me.I am confused only because of his lowest caste and people don't give respect towards his caste . so I feel even I will not get respect.Please help me. Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Inter-caste-marriage-problem-183163.asp

Learning

12 Replies

TGK REDDI   19 June 2018

Love is rare.    You're lucky your boy friend loves you.    Don't lose such a personality.    Marry against the will of your parents but don't look down upon them.    They're too orthodox to respect your feelings.

(Guest)

Thank you so much

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 June 2018

One can marry per provisions of personal law that applies e.g; Hindu, Muslim, Christian…!

IT is one’s personal decision after examining all pros and cons.

You may take help of your elders of the family, well wishers and use your own wisdom to decide…

In today’s modern world Intercaste marriages also succeed like any other marriage in any community, and fail also like any other marriage in any community.

You are closest to the facts and understand the person better than anyone else..!

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 June 2018

Also; The caste remains same as by birth.

The children usually get cast of father and/or mother depending upon customs under which they were raised and brought up and which may have to be proved..

S Murugesan (lawyer)     20 June 2018

My suggestion would be better not to marry him. convey the message politely and ask him to understood the future issues due to caste.

you know why iam suggesting this idea? Since Caste was occupied in your mind and its difficult to change even if you would like to.

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     25 June 2018

The marriage will come back to haunt you. There is imbalance on multiple fronts. Reality will sink in after marriage and then it will be too late. Financially weak.. he will bring luxury in your life... Good story line for Hindi movie not practical in real life. Listen to your parents. They know best what is good for you. Discuss other details with them and let them take the decision for you.

TGK REDDI   25 June 2018

Parents' advice is rarely vauable; their experience, rarely reliable; their opinions, rarely sincere.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : TGK REDDI
Parents' advice is rarely vauable; their experience, rarely reliable; their opinions, rarely sincere.

I thnk you dont have parents.  That is why your reply is like this.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Teena
I am 24 yrs girl doing job in IT company in Mumbai.I belong to OBC category.My bf is 25 yrs doing job in International company in Mumbai . He belongs to SC category i.e. he is dalit. We love each other . But I am afraid of his caste and treatment people give to their caste as it is lowest caste.I love him but not ready to accept his caste.Should I marry him? My family is against this marriage. He supports me alot and we share every problems,joy,happiness with each other.He is good guy but financially weak.He promise me that he will do hard work to bring luxury life to me.I am confused only because of his lowest caste and people don't give respect towards his caste . so I feel even I will not get respect.Please help me. Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Inter-caste-marriage-problem-183163.asp

Thisis formula for life long headache.  Better avoid marrying this fellow than later run to court for divorce.

TGK REDDI   25 June 2018

Our Principal had, in 1961, started his first class with the following words:

A fool is one who knows by his ( in stead of his their is, nowadays, used owing to feminist movement ) own experience.

A wise man is one who knows by others' experience.

A bl**dy fool is one who doesn't know even by his own experience.

I study humans very closely.     I study wives and parents especially.

Matru devobhava, pitru devobhava, aachaary devobhava are fine words to read, write and speak.       Parrot-fashion.      In practice, most of them are devils.     Reason?      Simple.       Where there's power, there's misuse.       Where there's dharma, there's immorality.

In certain countries, man or woman who commits adultery can, without court's intervention, be stoned to death.      Adultery flourishes more there. 

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     25 June 2018

Ramoja Kumar, I share your thoughts. 

When a marriage does not work, the girl has only her parents to go to.  

TGK REDDI   25 June 2018

I know of many parents who gladly receive her, feed her and exploit her.

One has, whether man or woman, to be able to stand on one's legs resisting evil people.      Not so easy, of course.       No place for good persons in this world whether India or America.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register