LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satnamsingh   29 May 2018

Can husband go for domestic violence

I am doing my treatment of Mental illness . I came in this situation because of my wife and mother in law .

can I file domestic violence to stop their activities..

Learning

23 Replies

Adil Khan   29 May 2018

yes you can file the case against them for mental harassment and you can also seek the maintenance from your wife as you are unable to earn due to your mental illness

Adil Khan   29 May 2018

for further details 9595482526

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     29 May 2018

You cannot file domestic violence case. You may claim maintenance.

(Guest)

you can do domestic violence.  beat her to pulp and claim innocence As you are mentally ill.

Adil Khan   29 May 2018

Yes you can file dv proceedings against wife..as per the judgment of karnataka high court in criminal petition no 2351/2017 Mohd zakir vs shabana

TGK REDDI   29 May 2018

Janab Adil Khn's third reply sounds strange.

How could law givers come into blows with law makers?

Domestic Violence can't be against wife but be against husband.       In my opinion, it should be applicable against wives but not husbands.      It's invariably wife who commits domestic violence against husband.      Perhaps I'm the only person who states so.

1 Like

Aadil Khan   29 May 2018

Justice Anand Byrareddy of the Karnataka High Court has withdrawn his order wherein he held that a husband can initiate proceedings under the Domestic Act against wife and her relatives and has restored the petition on file. Coincidentally, this wit...

shasha jain   30 May 2018

no way a man cant file a case under dv act

satnamsingh   30 May 2018

So how helpless husband can proof his harassment. Is there have no either way or rule in favour of husband and his family.

So how helpless husband can proof his harassment. Is there have no either way or rule in favour of husband and his family.

Can mother of husband can file dV against her .

Sunny Singh (Advocate)     30 May 2018

Yes your mother can file DV case against your wife and her father.

1 Like

TGK REDDI   30 May 2018

Yes, provided she's the target, not her son.      The target must always be a woman.      

I, personally, don't like such gender-biasedness.

TGK REDDI   30 May 2018

After clicking POST COMMENT, I could see Shri Sunny Sigh's COMMENT.      I'd have otherwise not posted my comment and would have clicked Like.   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register