Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Known (B)     05 March 2010

fMRI in issuing divorce

Sir,

In June 2008 a Pune women was convicted for poisoning her fiancee to death using fMRI report as the exclusive evidence

Has anybody used fMRI report as evidence in divorce & child custody proceedings. Please advice.

Learning

5 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     05 March 2010

I do not know about others but in my case the opposite party tried to use that report but it failed because he had not pleaded well.

1 Like

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     05 March 2010

please let me know what is fMRI report.

Known (B)     05 March 2010

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/15/world/asia/15iht-15brainscan.16148673.html?pagewanted=print

When normal people view these images, fMRI scans light up to indicate heavy brain activity in sections of the emotion-generating limbic system, primarily the amygdala, which is believed to generate feelings of empathy.

But in psychopathic patients, these sections of the amygdala remain dark, showing greatly reduced activity or none at all.

This phenomenon, known as limbic underactivation, may indicate that some of these people lack the ability to generate the basic emotions that keep primitive killer instincts in check.

1 Like

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     06 March 2010

thanks mr known.

A VICTIM OF MRS HITLER (JUSTICE SEEKER)     19 May 2010

Makkad ji,

CAn i get a fMRI done on my wife who has tortured me and can is it taken as evidence in Indian family courts.

I keep reading you.kinldy advice ASAP.

I thank you in advance...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register