LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lakshmi (Software engineer)     03 March 2010

Legal hire issue

my father sold land to somebody in the past. He is passed away now. When he sold that land I am 'Major' (23yrs). I am not aware that he has sold away that land.

Can  I file a case against  the vendee?   Is my acceptance & signature required for this sale deed?

Learning

13 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     03 March 2010

If it is your father's self acquired property he has the right to sell it to anyone without your permission.

But if it is your ancestral property you have a right of share and you can file a suit against the vendee.

1 Like

Moreover, I am not sure that he sold that land.   I came to know that they have sale deed for our land with my fathers signature.  How to proceed in this issue?

GOvernment has given that land to my father for his services in the freedom struggle. He is a freedom fighter and  Its a sarkari land.

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     03 March 2010

If you are not sure that the land is sold or not, you contact the sub registrar's office and apply for a encumbrance certificate (EC).  The EC will reveal whether the land is sold or not.  Or else you can contact the vendee and seek details of sale done to him if any, if he does not respond issue a legal notice.

1 Like

A V Vishal (Advocate)     03 March 2010

You cannot claim the land since it was given to your father by the government and is his self acquired ( Since he took part in freedom struggle). He has all rights to dispose it at his sweet wish & will by any mode of transfer.

1 Like

they have a sale deed which states that my grandfa has sold that land to them.  But, we haven't sold it. can I file a forgery case against them?

A V Vishal (Advocate)     03 March 2010

Is it your father or grandfather who sold the land, state clearly first.

1 Like

Sorry.  At first  I started this conversation  on behalf of my father.    I am grand son.  My father's father has sold the land.

I am checking if my father has rights against that.   I apolozize if it is still confusing.  kindly provide the possibilities to fight against the issue.   Any of us  Me or my father has rights to fight against the issue?

M (Advocate and Tax Consultant)     03 March 2010

Yes, you are entitled to sue the purchaser

1 Like

Hello Ram,

To Precise,  Govt. has alloted  land to my grand father for participating in freedom struggle.   As per our against parties,  My grand fa  himself sold land to them. 

As you said, I can sue the purchaser.  Could you please let me know briefly on what grounds shall I file a case(possibility)

shrikant chede (law officer)     04 March 2010

Forget it Dear, since the land is self aquired property

raghuvenu rao (PRIVATE JOB)     04 March 2010

Res ,sir were can i get the wasool baqui revenue records of 1954-55 year? in mandal office there is no records avaialable at present . iwas tryied for same in district land records office collactorate office,here also i was not found the records ,in these matter were can i get it? kindly give me sugessition .

lakshmi (Software engineer)     05 March 2010

You can get it from RDO office

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register