LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Need clear view of 498a case process

Wife file false 498a to our local Police Station, after I file Divorce 2 month ago, yesterday we all get regular bail. 
Below the bail copy a para mention that - "The above name accd persons surrendered before the Court and later released on bail on acceptance of proper bail bond.
Recall W/A , if Any."
After that a hand written date "N-D-17/4/18"

My lawyear tell me before Charge sheet a followup date given by court for attend there. If we don't attend followup date court will issue warrant.

The Question are :-

(1) After Charge sheet Without Framing Charges before Trial start how Court give us Date after Regular Bail, where Investigation are not completed ?

(2) It is not accd persons duty that always check court record when Charge sheet will come, and without proper Summon how court will Issue non bailable warrant , where we are in regular bail ?

(3) My lawyer not clearly explain that what is "N-D-17/4/18", he tell me a next date for appearance, but after bail bond why court will give me a appearance date without charge sheet , where FRI filed in police station. 
So, Please explain "Recall W/A , if Any. N-D-17/4/18" the meaning ?

Learning

14 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     13 April 2018

You got regular bail doesn't mean that on next date you will not appear or seek the summon of the court to make you attend the court proceedings. The appearence in the court, surrending self and getting regular bail means now for each and every date fixed by the court you will be bound to attend the court proceedings. Yes if you are unable to attend any date, your advocate whose Vakaltnamma you have signed will appear and move application for exemption for your personal appearence.

The next date fixed when chargesheet will be filed in the court by the prosection, copy of same given to you. After this process, court will fix date for charge when your advocate will try to get you discharged and prosecution argue for charging you for various offences as mentioned in the FIR. The Court will decide the issue of charge after arguments of both sides heard by it. At that time you get chance to move the session court in revision if you are ordered to be charged by the judicial magistrate court, you can even seek stay of trail court proceedings till your revision get decided by the Session Court. If you want you can get charged by the JMIC and regular criminal case proceeds where the prosecution begins with its evidence. If you want to get the FIR and criminal case proceedings quashed, you can move the High Court u/s 482 Cr.P.C and get the stay order for any further proceedings in the trail court.

This a brief how the criminal proceedings u/s 498A IPC etc. proceeds in the court anywhere in India.

(Guest)

but sir, some LC advocate answered to this forum that after bail, don't need to go court until summon send, where FIR filed in police station.

rohan sati   13 April 2018

manik ji, u'll have to attend the proceedings unless ur counsel submit the exemption on ur behalf which too is limited.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : rohan sati
manik ji, u'll have to attend the proceedings unless ur counsel submit the exemption on ur behalf which too is limited.

Rohan Ji, how court proceedings without case register number and without charge sheet ?

(Guest)

Dear Vijay Raj Mahajan,

"before fileing the chargesheet in the case there is no procedure to appear before the court for hearing in criminal cases. the court's can use the power after filling chargesheet. after filling chargesheet before court and court taking cognizance the court issue summons to parties/accused and after that the procedure will be start."

If the above is true as per law then how suggest that we will be bound to attend the court proceedings, before chargesheet ?

Kapil Nigal   13 April 2018

your attendance is remark of your obeying judicial process..and you will not move any other area without permission of court...rest leave it on court..

(Guest)

Kapil Ji,

your suggestion not clear to me, sorry.

Case has been fixed for filling Chargesheet by the court, just attend that date without arguing here in this forum, rest do as your local advocate suggest.

(Guest)

"Recall W/A" means warrant of arrest ,if any is recalled (means cancelled ) N-D-17/4/18 .

Do as your local advocate suggest.
1 Like

TGK REDDI   13 April 2018

Yes, all the experts are right.     The Accused is supposed to attend the Court.      Oterwise summons or warrant can be issued or a couple of opportunities are given.     It all depends on the Court.

Recall of warrant means the Accused is excused for that time.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : TGK REDDI
Yes, all the experts are right.     The Accused is supposed to attend the Court.      Oterwise summons or warrant can be issued or a couple of opportunities are given.     It all depends on the Court.

Dear Sir,

"Accused is supposed to attend the Court"

but my question is after bail what are the purpose to attend the Court, wthout charge and trial start ?  without register a case court can start proceeding ?

I am not a law expart, asking expert answer.

There's no provision in criminal law that accused can attend through Advocate.

In civil law, there is.

Though there's no use, attendance can't be skipped though Courts often wink at absence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register