LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gramit   12 April 2018

Want to file petition

Dear Sir/ Madam, We married four months ago in Arya Samaj Mandir. it was love marriage before marriage we had 3 years long distance relationship. In marriage no family members are available from bride, but some family members are in touch over phone and aware with all function e.g marriage date, reception at hometown, honeymoon. All the marriage function has done successfully and we both left for our place like she is doing their graduation so she left kalkata and me out of India as i am working there. Time flow very quickly and we started arguing each other on various topics: *she don't want to come after finishing her study as she want to do job in her hometown *sometime she say i don't want to stay with you, better i will do suicide *her suspicious activity and when i question on her and interrupt not to do or hide (twice her phone was busy on 1 am when asked her, she replied - mujh par barosha nahi hai to jao, mujhe sath me nahi rahna, *she is not picking anyone phone in my family members which is irritating me a lot All this was started one month after marriage, i am trying to save my marriage but not sure how long this marriage will go. so just for my own and my family safety i am thinking to file petition. Kindly advise on this. Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

Siddharth Jain   13 April 2018

Which petition are you talking about, exactly?

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     13 April 2018

If your wife not coming back to you and you seek her back, than firstly try to get her back with help of close relatives, elders of your family in an amicable manner. If still she doesn't want to return back, you can file for petition u/s 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act,1955 for Resititution of Conjugal Rights in the District Court/Family Court where you got married and last resided as husband and wife and wait for her reply to the petition. During the court proceedings you'll get sufficient oppurtunity to reconcile with her through Mediation and Conicllatory process in the court itself. Some solution will definately come out to solve your problem.

1 Like

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     13 April 2018

Marriages need trust and faith for sustenance, if the couple do not trust each other it is advisable to opt for divorce. No law will force a woman to go to her husnband's place against her will. It will be in the interests of both the parties to settle the matter mutually, failing which opt for mutual divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register