LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sasuke   26 March 2018

Gift deed rights

My grand mother was died in a road accident. As compensation they gave some money to my grand father, my father and to sister of my father. with all that money they bought a land and constructed a house. It all happened nearly in 1986. Now my grand father registered that house as gift in the name of me( son of son). Now can I sell that property with out any problems with my fathers sister. Ours is a Hindu family and native of andhrapradesh state. Thanks .

Learning

6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     26 March 2018

The land was purchased in whose name?

1 Like

sasuke   26 March 2018

my grand fathers name

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 March 2018

Since grandfather was title holder he could dispose the property by valid/registered gift deed as donor to donee (you).

The gift is complete the moment gift is made by donor and accepted by donee.

Hope you have taken possession and have submitted the gift deed for updated in mutations record and have updated mutation records also.

Being title holder you can also dispose by valid/registered deed…

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 March 2018

The contribution of money to buy said property is contentious and technical issue and is to proved if anyone contests..

In that case matter is to be settled amicably between you and claimants or by court of law..on facts and merits..

1 Like

sasuke   26 March 2018

Thank you very much sir, but can some one approach court against me after I sold land/property to someone. can they demand a share in money of that property.

sasuke   26 March 2018

I have another doubt also, when she gave money we haven't done any agreement of repayment later. How can she expect a share now(legally). Doesn't that comes under a donation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register