Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JIWAN   23 March 2018

Is limitation act applicable to ipc 420 matter?

Dear Friends,

Can u tell me that Limitation act applicable/ not applicable to IPC 420 Matter? 

I am trying to register FIR at police station for 420 matter, for the same i filed written complaint with all documentry evidence, which show that offence happened.  But due to delay in filing complaint, concern officer hesitate to register FIR. Kindly share relevant judgement or information, if you have on limitation act not applicable/ applicable to IPC 420 matter. Criminal offence jurisdiction in my matter is nagpur rural. 

Brief History:- 

My late mother's younger brother sold agriculture land to his wife by using 4 rented unknown ladies as original owner of agriculture land (on behalf of my mother and her 3 sister). They make sale deed of said agriculture land before sub-registrar. Original 4 female owner were not present before sub-registrar during sale deed.There is no identity proof document of purchaser or seller in said sale deed. Only two unknown person identitfied that all seller are geniune. After a gap of few years, i am trying to register FIR against all accused, but not succide due to delay.

Please share your valuable inputs to thrown out this obstacle, which comes in my way to give justice to my late mother. 

Thanks.

JD Joshi

Learning

2 Replies

TGK REDDI   23 March 2018

No.    Chapter XXXVI of the Criminal Procedure Code is applicable.

For Criminal Procedure Code, Limitatation Act is applicable.     

Sounds strange?      But not strange.

1 Like

JIWAN   23 March 2018

Criminal prosecution. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register