LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avinash (sse)     19 February 2010

Requesting help about broadband services & laws for consumer

I must congratulate the team of experts for being part of such very useful initiative. Thanks for all the efforts.

I have couple of concerns/quires with me:

1. I have taken services from Reliance Broadband. Due to poor service, I have posted email

to stopping all the services to official reliance customer care email address broadband@relianceada.com. This was 17 Oct 2009 then after 1 month they replied that they need to have cancellation request & asked me to revert back, if I want to still cancel services.

I did reply to cancel services & asked to stop all the billing respectively [Q: can it be considered official closure request for services?] But it never happened.

Now the problem is they sent me the bill for additional month & as time is getting passed they are adding recurring cost in pending bill. for now my account is deactive due to non payment.  Now I understand that, I should have tracked the termination request first place.

But still, I am not finding it worth giving away the money for their mistakes & inadequate services.

I would like to know your expert views about the problem, what are the best possible solutions?

1. Also what all information can help me, if I need to get help from consumer forum/court in this matter for?

a.       How to register a compliant in consumer forum in pune location?

b.       Can I really achieve anything by registering complaint against big company?  

Thanks

Avinash

Learning

2 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     19 February 2010

Sir, first you go to any Reliance web world office and enqire about your cancellation of services request made. If you have done request online, they must be having a mail to that effect in their system. I suppose you must have received a letter from Reliance regarding cancellation of services too with you. If they do not respond positively, file a case in the consumer forum on deficiency of service. At any cost do not make any payments for the period in which your request is made for cancellation.

1 Like

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     03 March 2010

pl issue legal notice to Reliance and if no action is taken u can approach consumer forum

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register