LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Moirangthem Biren   12 March 2018

Maintenance Allowance.

A married daughter in the capacity of Medical Officer earning a salary more than Rs.70'000/-, is not willing to pay anything to her unemployed parents. Parents had sold out movable and immovable properties and expended huge amount for her medical graduation from an expensive private medical college. Can parents file maintenance against her ? What will be maximum allowance permitted by family law ?
Advice from experts awaited ?

Learning

5 Replies

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     12 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email for detailed legal advise.

with regards,

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     12 March 2018

Yes parents can claim maintenance from their daughter under section 125 Cr. P. C. The income of the daughter, her personal expenses as well financial status of parents and their essential expenses will be taken into consideration by the Family Court to decide amount of maintenance to be granted to them.

After disinheriting our heir (left) my making a will, can parents still file maintenance against her?

by making a will ignoring 'my making a will'

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     12 March 2018

Yes maintenance can be claimed anytime irrespective of making Will that may not include the daughter as beneficiary.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register