LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhinav   08 March 2018

Can annulment be case be filed within an year of marriage

Can annulment be filed within an year of marriage.
I was married on 10 of feb last month but i didn't wanted to get married to this girl as i liked some one else and also told this to her before marriage. But the girl constantly blackmailed and threatened me of suicides and putting my family in jail for asking dowry which is not the case. My family has not asked for a single rupee from the girls family.
She said she will attempt suicide claiming my family to be responsible for her suicide attempt. She also spread rumours calling people at my workplace and telling them that i have married for money.
Now, being ashamed of this fact i cannot even join the office and she keeps putting pressure on me to completely disconnect with all the friends and colleagues in that office. Also she tracks each and every call of my phone, where i m going,whom i m talking to ,whats app facebook etc. In case i deny showing my chats or call history she again threatens of dowry case and putting the whole family in jail. She gives strong doses of medicines to me for very minor ailments and keeps on pressurising to take these medicines regulary and when i strongly obect she involves her family into it saying that i scold and abuse her.
I have not been in touch with any person in my office for the last one month still there is a constant pressure of blackmailing on me.
Please help.

Learning

9 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     08 March 2018

Are you a child or grown up man? If you weren't ready for the marriage you should have refused for the same. As far charges of dowry demand is concerned that too have to be proved by sufficient evidence not on mere statement of a lady that for marrying her dowry is being demanded. Moreover how much dowry she was ready to give for marriage if it was demanded, this too she has to state and for what grounds the dowry demanded? To say she forced you for marriage by threatening to commit suicide must be recorded by you if you want annulment of marriage on the ground of taking consent of marriage by force or undue influence, if not then how this ground will be proved in court. All these questions you need to answer first before you go ahead with any court proceeding for annulment of marriage. Yes within one year of marriage you should file for annulment as in this case.
1 Like

Abhinav   09 March 2018

Vijay Raj Sir... i refused for the marriage and conveyed the same to the girl and my parents.... but they kept on pressurizing that we will all end up in jail in case the girl files any complaint. I told them that dowry act is not applicable in case the marriage has not taken place but they kept on pressurizing that engagement video is there with the girl's family they will prove that we are denying from marriage because of money issues.
I have call recordings were i have explained the girl that i do not want to marry her and she said she will commit suicide leave a note with my family name as responsible for her suicide.

Abhinav   09 March 2018

No Sir...I did not....She even made issue out of it... that i dont't even touch her. Now is there any provision in law that one has to be involved in s*xually activity after marriage. I guess this has to be an individual's own wish.

Abhinav   12 March 2018

Any advise..?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     12 March 2018

As it appears that you have gone through due process of marriage, no annulment of marriage is possible. You can only seek divorce. You can also ask for judicial separation. But you will have to pay her for that.

Abhinav   13 March 2018

Can judicial separation be filed within an year of marriage..?

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     14 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     14 March 2018

Yes you can file for judicial separation within one year.

Abhinav   14 March 2018

Kishan Dutt Sir...what documents are required...?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register