LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev Bhargava (Director)     16 February 2010

labour laws in delhi

Does any one know the definition of labour in Delhi.  Do the manager comes under labour laws

Learning

7 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     16 February 2010

The definition of an employee under various laws are in general "workmen" "supervisor" and "Manager". To ascertain whether a "Manager" is a workmen, it is necessary to see the salary under the relevant (whether your firm is a shop/establishment, factory or industry etc.) and also the actual role of the Manager - whether he is having independant role with powers of control, supervision etc., your query needs precise details

S V Narayanan (Personnel Manager)     17 February 2010

I too sending Mr Vasudevan as without knowing the category of your establishment your query can't be addressed...

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     17 February 2010

I do agree with vasudevan.

Rajeev Bhargava (Director)     17 February 2010

We are a packers and movers company in Delhi.  This particular person was manager sales, independent incharge for sales . er job was to visit the corporates/ embassies  for seeking business . She  was drawing over 30000.00 PM with chauffer driven cars for work incuding pick and drop off from home in Noida

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     17 February 2010

The labour laws does not apply in the instance case referred by you, Sir. She is governed by the contract i.e. the terms of her letter of employment and in case of any dispute, she may have to file a suit for violation of contract, if any.

vasudevan

1 Like

S V Narayanan (Personnel Manager)     17 February 2010

I do agree with Mr Vasudevan...the said employee positioned in Managerial cadre does not fall under any 'employee' definition of Labour Laws ...of course other beneficial and appointment order condition you have to fulfill...

1 Like

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     24 February 2010

If you are seeking a reply to whether the person with nature of job and salary described by you have any protection regarding security of job under the labour laws then answe is NO. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register