LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mithun Dash   22 February 2018

Query about a lawyer

I have filed a probate case for the ownership of the property. So, since the case is filed there has been no improvement. I have tried to transfer the case from one lawyer to another but the old lawyer is not giving in the case files. So what can i do?

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     22 February 2018

You clear your accounts with the previous lawyer and collect the case filke. Lawyers are not doing free of cost service and expect their fee in time which when delayed or denied move out of the case.

Try out the same with other professionals like doctors for free of cost service which you expect from lawyers and thatswhy posting here in this lawyersclubindia forum for free legal advice.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 February 2018

Record all transactions during which lawyer is declining to return the case file containing case docs. Keep mi.2 unshakable witnesses.

New lawyer could have helped you.

Why old lawyer is returning case file containing case docs?

What is his/her demand?

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 February 2018

The due fee if any may be paid to old lawyer!

1 Like

Mithun Dash   23 February 2018

This case was filed by me through my brother, as the lawyer was handling some of his cases. So, i confronted him and asked him about the case and i asked him to give the original WILL and replace it with certified copy of the WILL. And when i told him not to tell anything about it to my brother as i thought he will honour the lawyer-client relationship, he suddenly said he will not give me the WILL as as my brother is his client and will tell him about it. But the case was filed me!! what should i do?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register