Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Supriya Ebenezer   22 February 2018

My husband wants to divorce me.

hi
my name is Supriya. I got married in 2002 due to some issue's we got divorced in 2016 Dec. later I got married again in September 2017 ours was a registered Marriage. mine is second marriage but first for my husband. now my second husband shouts and screams at me and he always tell that he will give me divorce. he even tells me that very easily he will and can take divorce from me as I am a divorcee. I love him much and don't want to give him divorce. I want to know if it's easy for him to take divorce from me as he is stating it. pls advice me sir. ours is an intercast marriage I am a Christian and he is a Hindu
thank you
supriya

Learning

137 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     22 February 2018

Not easy for divorce and that too within one year of marriage. Family Court will not entertain her divorce petition within one year of your marriage. Secondly he's having no valid ground for divorce, you're a divorcee is no valid ground for him to get divorce so easily from you. Try to adjust with him in his environment that may seems difficult being of different religion and background but that's the art you have to learn in such inter-caste/inter-religion marriages.
1 Like

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     22 February 2018

your husband requires counselling. Consult local counselling centre

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 February 2018

Probably you have married under Special Marriage Act....

The provisions for divorce are included in the Act..

The court of law alone can grant divorce on valid grounds...

Apparently there are none as per your post.

Involve elders of both families, well wishers to crease the differneces and so that both spouses mind thier conduct and behave responsibly.

Couselling can help. 

1 Like

Sachin (N.A)     22 February 2018

You must be knowing divorce procedure better than your husband.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Supriya Ebenezer
hi my name is Supriya. I got married in 2002 due to some issue's we got divorced in 2016 Dec. later I got married again in September 2017 ours was a registered Marriage. mine is second marriage but first for my husband. now my second husband shouts and screams at me and he always tell that he will give me divorce. he even tells me that very easily he will and can take divorce from me as I am a divorcee. I love him much and don't want to give him divorce. I want to know if it's easy for him to take divorce from me as he is stating it. pls advice me sir. ours is an intercast marriage I am a Christian and he is a Hindu thank you supriya

Supriya ji,
You can simply adjust with husband and make him not shout by showing love and affection.

Failed candidates are seen how? You know already.  Court sees them as misfits.
If he goes for divorce, it is matter of getting right advocate.  With right advocate yyour present husband can get divorce.  It is not like what has been already advised to you by other advocates and laymen.

Counselling cant help in this matter as above gentleman have suggested.  Only thing is if he does not adjust, you have to adjust. I am sure you have learnnt that much from your first debacle marriage.

If there is no other option, than to go for divorce, simply agree to it.  Take divorce.  Adopt a pup and be happy. How many times you will fail? How many times you will go to court? Marriage looks good once only.  Divorce also looks good once. Do anything more than once, it wont have any charm to it.  Court will see you as misfits and buffoons and simply make you run to court date after date.

1 Like

(Guest)
hi my name is Supriya. I got married in 2002 due to some issue's we got divorced in 2016 Dec. later I got married again in September 2017 ours was a registered Marriage. mine is second marriage but first for my husband. now my second husband shouts and screams at me and he always tell that he will give me divorce. he even tells me that very easily he will and can take divorce from me as I am a divorcee. I love him much and don't want to give him divorce. I want to know if it's easy for him to take divorce from me as he is stating it. pls advice me sir. ours is an intercast marriage I am a Christian and he is a Hindu thank you supriya

Supriya ji,
You can simply adjust with husband and make him not shout by showing love and affection.

If he goes for divorce, it is matter of getting right advocate.  With right advocate yyour present husband can get divorce.  It is not like what has been already advised to you by other advocates and laymen.

Counselling cant help in this matter as above gentleman have suggested.  Only thing is if he does not adjust, you have to adjust. I am sure you have learnnt that much from your first debacle marriage.

If there is no other option, than to go for divorce, simply agree to it.  Take divorce.  Adopt a pup and be happy. How many times you will fail? How many times you will go to court? Marriage looks good once only.  Divorce also looks good once. Do anything more than once, it wont have any charm to it.  Court will see you as misfits and buffoons and simply make you run to court date after date.

(Guest)

Supriya ji,

(Guest)

Supriya ji,

(Guest)

Supriya ji,

(Guest)

Supriya ji,

(Guest)

Supriya ji,

(Guest)

Supriya ji,

(Guest)

Supriya ji,

(Guest)

Supriya ji,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register