LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Panda sampath (Manager)     12 February 2010

vakalatnama importance

Hi anybody explain the importance of vakalatnama. I have signed vakalatnama with one advocate and if he is not responding to me to take up any quieries, is there a way for me to approch another lawer though i signed vakalatnama with the existing lawyer? Please suggest.

Learning

10 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     12 February 2010

By filing vakalatnama of a lawyer, you appoint him as your advocate and authorise him to conduct your case on your behalf in the court. If he has filed the vakalatnama in the court then, you need to take his 'no objection' on the vakalatnama of the other advocate you wish to appoint. If he does not give 'no objection' , even then you can terminate him with the permission of the court by making an application to the court and file a vakalatnama of another advocate.

Thank you so much Archana for your prompt response. Iam not sure whether he had filed my case in the court or not. I dont have any updates. Iam not sure how to proceed further.

Go to the court where your case is. The concerned clerk will give you the information about the vakalatnama is filed or not and also the stage of the case. You can take the help of another local advocate, he'll guide you.

1 Like

Thank you so much again Archana. I will try as suggested. Thank you again. Can you name some good advocates if you know any?

There are many good advocates. I don't know the place where you belong or where the case is filed. So how can I suggest you?? So, you have to search for yourself..

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     12 February 2010

Get a certified copy of the Vakalatnama that your advocate filed in the court. If he is playing truant, it means he has been bought over.

Daksh (Student)     13 February 2010

Dear Mr.Panda Sampath,

I concur what Ms.Archana Advocate has stated and would like to suggest that you inspect the court record personally by making the request in this regard to the court.  Everything shall be clear to you there after inspecting the records and you will definately be in a better position to decide on the future course of action.

Best Regards

Daksh

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 February 2010

Mr. Panda,

The relationship between an Advocate and his client is personal. A client prefers an advocate who is hardworking, reputed, devotional to his duty, etc. A client must easily visit his advocate, and express his difficulties nevertheless his busy.

1 Like

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     14 February 2010

There is no dearth of instances where a powerful and moneyed opponent has bought over the advocate of his adversary. Some of them are careless to the point of keeping the client in the dark about the dates.

1 Like

Panda sampath (Manager)     16 February 2010

Thank you all, for your prompt responses. I spoke to my advocate atlast and he is still masking that he filed the case. He had taken some amount from me around 7K and he didnt even initiate the process to file the case. The vakalatnama which i siged is still blank and when i ask him for the refund of money he is claiming that he filed the case in court and he has the SCR number. I had only signed on Vakalatnama and no complaint has been signed by me. With out me signing on complient can he file a case in court to get SCR number. How far he is ture. He is simply played with client to earn money in other ways. Anyways now this has been called off to approach another advocate. Thank you all for your prompt responses.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register