LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sonam Kaur (teaching )     25 December 2017

Can rti papers sell to ragman by police

Can RTI  apllication/ action taken on complaints/ complaint papers submitted to Police station/ be sold to ragman by police after some time period? or they should burn and destroy it? plz reply ?

Learning

5 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 December 2017

There are rules and regulations regarding distruction of documents.  If you suspect that any specific documents have been sold or given away as waste paper, you can ask for information about such documents through RTI itself. The proforma for such application is attached.

Attached File : 84227 20171225141002 1071970827 9318 8086 10 record destroyed.doc downloaded: 96 times
2 Like

Sonam Kaur (teaching )     25 December 2017

and what to do when the police first say that the complaint filed in the yr 2015  is not showing in police record? but i saw the whole complaint letters was on the desk of the police in 2017 and now they are always calling for inspection via RTI where as i dont have time to inspect all 5kg bundle in one single day , as i have to submit in court with in a short period of time.  why dont police give me all at once when i am ready to pay the total amount of papers it is costing. every time i file rti ,  instead of providing me the copies they call me for inspection. and just for inspection and noting down the selected details of doc I  required, they ask me to file fresh applicaiton and handover to police and then police will send to acp and then i would get. what is this? to get my own papers which have to submit in court in urgent .police did not disclose that this procedure would have to follw in order to get doc in my hand. wasting my time and money .

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 December 2017

If you are not satisfied with the reply given by the PIO of the police, you give your first appeal. If still not satisfied make second appeal as provided under the Act.

1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     30 December 2017

It should destroy it, not sale it 

1 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     30 December 2017

Not only they should be destroyed but a register of documents destroyed have to be maintained under the supervision of competent authority. That register should also be available to the public through RTA.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register