Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AK (Manager)     23 December 2017

Gifting money

Hello Everyone,

I want to gift money to someone and for that I need a gift certificate .

1.From where and how can I obtain one?

2.The receiver stays far away from my place (but in India only). So its impossible for me to travel to his place and hand over the money and the certificate together. So I want to transfer the money from my bank account to his bank account using NEFT / RTGS etc. In that case, can the gift certificate (which is physical paper), be couriered to him to his postal address? Alternately,will it be okay if I email him a scanned copy of the certificate ?

Please guide me as I have never done anything like this before.

Any additional information is welcomed

Learning

3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 December 2017

Transfer fund to his account using NEFT/RTGS and send the hard copy of the certificate by courier as well soft scanned copy be emailed as Pdf attachment.

1 Like

AK (Manager)     24 December 2017

Originally posted by : Vijay Raj Mahajan
Transfer fund to his account using NEFT/RTGS and send the hard copy of the certificate by courier as well soft scanned copy be emailed as Pdf attachment.

Thank you very much sir,

But one query still remains unanswered - Where and how do I obtain the gift certificate ? Do I need a lawyer to prepare that?

Thank you once again

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     24 December 2017

Make a Gift Deed on the non-judicial paper, certifying the gift of the amount of money to the donee made by free will and consent by the donor, duly signed and witnessed by the donor and 1-2 witnesses, get the Gift Deed notarized.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register