Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amita rana (worker)     03 December 2017

Divorce advice

Please could i request some guidance.

I am 34 years old and I need to apply for divorce with my husband after a marriage of 17 years. i have been told by my husband for last 5 years that he is willing to give me divorce however he has been very vauge and keeps delaying. 

He verbally says that he is going to transfer his fathers property in India which is jointly distributed between his 2 brothers to my 2 daughters name. also the house we live-in in London would also be transfered  to my name. currently he is in and out of the house and is living with another women which he is very open with. we work at same workplace and every one knows that he is with another women. he has been delaying starting the divorce process as he has been telling me that he will go to India wih his brothers and then he will transfer the same property to my daughters name, also we will start the divorce case then.

I do not trust him that he will do as he says, but do not know what options do I have to secure mine and espacially my daughters future who are 14 and 11 now.

Regards,

Amita

Learning

4 Replies

Ghazala Rahman (advocate)     03 December 2017

It's better for you not to take first step in this matter.
it can effect later circumstances, including the THOUGHTS of your daughters.

(Guest)

Whether you take first step or he takes first step, it will end in divorce only.

Point is how well fed are you and your daugghters.  First take cash etc as you say.  Then initiate divorce.

1 Like

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     03 December 2017

Get properties transferred in your as well both your daughters’ name after that initiate divorce process, nowadays divorce by mutual consent can be taken at shortest time and no need to wait for months or years altogether.

1 Like

Amita rana (worker)     13 December 2017

Many thanks Mr Malhotra and Mr Mahajan,

My worry is that he is just saying that he will go for divorce and he do not intend to do so. what can i do in this instance.

thanks ,

Amita

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register