LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

stylistperson (Director)     24 November 2017

Domestic violence

Hello there, writing on behalf of my sister. She had successful marriage for over 16 years with one child who is now age of 14. Since last two years the family relations has been soured. My sister's mother in law was keep talking rubbish about our family and keep provoking my sister. Even if his grandson make any mistake such as turn off fan while his grandma is there, she said to my sister that is that virtues you offer to your son!! etc. In fact, when my sister got married, we were lower middle class family and now most of our family lives overseas as NRIs. We believe their Ego hurt now as we are in better position now.

There are many small incidents kept happening such as;

-One of my sister's sister in law, used to live in the same house with her husband until they bought own house and some reason she could never make good relation with my sister. Always had jealousy on our family. She is the main person whose interference spoiled the good family of my sister.

-Verbal abuses and torture in small things and all diverted on our family and virtues

- Her Mother in law keep asking her that what your NRI brothers bring for you when they come etc.

- My sister started to complaint to the police but they accept application but did not take any action. Or they may have corrupted to act by the influence of her in laws.

- Few weeks ago, My sister was at home and my sister's in laws suddenly called THEIR daughters and brother in laws. They snatch away my sisters phone. Then they scold her and told not to call police again for the small family issues. This was very serious incident in my opinion as they did not call our parents or us for healthy discussion. Their intentions were not found pure. My sister went to Police Chowky and reported but police didn't take any action.

- Just after couple of weeks of that incident, again their Grandson was playing games on TV, and his grandmom (my sister's mother in law) wanted to watch serial so she slap him and again started to blame on our family virtues. My sister went out and called her husband to sort out. Instead of to sort out the situation, her husband hit her in presensece of the all neighbours. My sister called us and we advised her to go and report to the police chowky again. We went there as well and also called them to respond. We asked them to offer committment so the domestic violence will not happen again and your sisters and brother in law will not interfere in our home then and then only we can send her at home right now. They denied and become very arguementive so we decided to leave police chowky and got our sister at our home. Police had to wait bit long for us as we live far from the area so they throw some anger on us too.

- Yesterday they have sent notice covering everyone's name include our wives through the lawyer that says we are provoking our sister and my brother go to my sister's house and scold and hit my sister in laws. and said if she want to keep the marriage, need to come back in two weeks. In fact, we had hardly couple of hours talk with my sister over the phone in a year as we leaves overseas. My younger brother lives in India so he visit her more often but surely never hit any of them. There are many lies in that application.

-We believe that they think most of our family lives overseas, they belive we will not go to the legal process as they can locked in India in legal matters with false cases.

We are not focusing on revenge but trying to find the way to deal with the situation. However, their intentions are not seems pure as they started lies in the application.

We expect to hear your suggessions to act on the scenario soon.

Thank you.

Learning

5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     24 November 2017

A suitable reply to be given by experienced and senior lawyer to the legal notice sent by them. The defamatory allegations made against you and your family need to be replied in strict tone, reminding them their acts of interference in the personal life of your sister is an act of domestic violence. Your sister should also insist her husband to move out of the joint family where lot of disturbance are taking place and interference in the personal life of your sister because of in laws. The husband is supposed to provide suitable place of residence to wife and minor child and for suitable place with daily routine equipment and facilities also trouble free lifestyle. vijaymahajan5758@gmail.com
1 Like

stylistperson (Director)     24 November 2017

Thank you very much for your response, much appreciated. My family have applied with one of the woman protection "Naree NGO" and called them to discuss the matter face to face before it go to the court which is going to be held on next week. We will consider your advise. Thank.

stylistperson (Director)     03 December 2017

My family had visited Mahila Police over a week ago for mediation. Mahila police invited both parties to work out the solution. Both parties have given their statements. Both parties has to wait for 30 days to know what statement has given by each party. They agreed to live separately and move out of the joint family house and live in their new house which they have bought last year.  However, there after they haven't called or arrange to shift for over a week. In further, their grandmonther did not made food for her grandson. My sister delivered food everyday to her son. Secondly, her son slightly twisted his leg while he was playing. He came to our house by his small savings money. We noticed that so drop him back to his father's house for medical treatment there. We could have take him to the hospital but if in case if it go worst, we could be in trouble. His father did not took him to the hospital. Son asked for money from his father but he denied to give him money for the treatment. It was not major incident but we can see his intensions are not pure. He did not called back and tried to shift sooner. He did not take responsibility to feed his son and his medical treatment. It seems they are making complicated to solve the matter by mediation. 

Now we need advise for our next action. There is a possibilities that if we go to the court may close the door to make their family. He mentioned his salary less than my sister's income to avoid future financial liability. He also used all my sister's business income savings in one of the joint family property and couple of apartments.

We wait to hear back from someone soon. Thanks.

(Guest)

Marital relations are based on trust, love and affection. If one of these are missing, then marriage wotn work even if there are 10 kids out of the marriage.

Poilce are for thieves, smugglers, rapitst and killers to maintain law and order.

The lady approached police and self destructed her marriage bond.

Courts are for financial disputes, to punish criminals but are no good to solve  marital problems.  Infact the courts are useless in this regard.

The lady is too old to complain.  If she cant live, she can simply take divorce.  You cannot correct any man or woman through court force or police force in marital issues.

Correctional facilities are for criminals? But they are of no use?

Anyway marriage = adjustment.  Court can order husband to pay alimony to wife and kid, if husband does not have a penny, wife has to maintain him in jail paying 3000 rs per month to jail authorities.

Sucn long marriage, it is time for retrospection.  marriage is adjustment another name. If she cant adjust let her simply throw the kid on street (I dont think she is able to take care of kid) and find someone else and remarry (but after divorce).  It is criminal waste of time and money to run behind courts thnking that courts can give solutions to marriage problems.  If husand and wife cannot adjust with each other, what can any court do?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : stylistperson
My family had visited Mahila Police over a week ago for mediation. Mahila police invited both parties to work out the solution. Both parties have given their statements. Both parties has to wait for 30 days to know what statement has given by each party. They agreed to live separately and move out of the joint family house and live in their new house which they have bought last year.  However, there after they haven't called or arrange to shift for over a week. In further, their grandmonther did not made food for her grandson. My sister delivered food everyday to her son. Secondly, her son slightly twisted his leg while he was playing. He came to our house by his small savings money. We noticed that so drop him back to his father's house for medical treatment there. We could have take him to the hospital but if in case if it go worst, we could be in trouble. His father did not took him to the hospital. Son asked for money from his father but he denied to give him money for the treatment. It was not major incident but we can see his intensions are not pure. He did not called back and tried to shift sooner. He did not take responsibility to feed his son and his medical treatment. It seems they are making complicated to solve the matter by mediation. 

Now we need advise for our next action. There is a possibilities that if we go to the court may close the door to make their family. He mentioned his salary less than my sister's income to avoid future financial liability. He also used all my sister's business income savings in one of the joint family property and couple of apartments.

We wait to hear back from someone soon. Thanks.

Marital relations are based on trust, love and affection. If one of these are missing, then marriage wotn work even if there are 10 kids out of the marriage.

Poilce are for thieves, smugglers, rapitst and killers to maintain law and order.

The lady approached police and self destructed her marriage bond.

Courts are for financial disputes, to punish criminals but are no good to solve  marital problems.  Infact the courts are useless in this regard.

The lady is too old to complain.  If she cant live, she can simply take divorce.  You cannot correct any man or woman through court force or police force in marital issues.

Correctional facilities are for criminals? But they are of no use?

Anyway marriage = adjustment.  Court can order husband to pay alimony to wife and kid, if husband does not have a penny, wife has to maintain him in jail paying 3000 rs per month to jail authorities.

Sucn long marriage, it is time for retrospection.  marriage is adjustment another name. If she cant adjust let her simply throw the kid on street (I dont think she is able to take care of kid) and find someone else and remarry (but after divorce).  It is criminal waste of time and money to run behind courts thnking that courts can give solutions to marriage problems.  If husand and wife cannot adjust with each other, what can any court do?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register