Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priyankamore ( manager)     20 September 2017

Claim in property

Sir / Madam,

I belongs to Hindu family & residing at Mumbai.

My mother expired in 1990.we are 4 brothers & 2 sisters.

2  tenanted properties are on the name of my mother till date.

Uptillnow , we received the Rent receipt on the name of my mother .

Landlord has not transfered the title / name .

My mother had prepared will.  The  will specified ,

one single room on the 1st floor is  occupied by  Elder brother and same should be given to  him .

another sigle room on the ground floor was  given to  3 brothers.They can  sale out  the said room and monies shall be equally distributed.

However, elder brother had requested to 3 brothers , not to sale out this property as he  was not keeeping good health annd wanted to utilise  this room.

He gave in writing to 3 brothers ,

1.  he will give the possession back as & when  required by  3 of you.
  2. He also agreed to pay the rent till he occupies the room.

In 2005, He was expired.

Now ,we 3 brothers are demanding  the  possession of the said room from Bhabhi (His wife) ,however Bhabhi is  refusing to give back the possession Now they have purchased big flat & shifted to another place .Currently, posession of both the tenant's rooms are under bhabhi & kept under lock & key.She pays the rent for both the rooms.

Recently ,The Lanloard have made an agreement with Builder for redevelopment of the building.

Appreciate if you can help us in giving an advise,

Mother's Will already specified that ,

1st floor room should be given to an Elder Brother and that we had been already given possession to Bhabhi.

ground floor room should be given to 3 brothers ,however the possession of the said room is with bhabhi since    27 years have been passed away.

she told us that now you don't have any right to ask  me for possession . since 27 years are passed and this room is under my possession .

As per law after  12 years you don't have any right  to get the possession.

As per will & legal hire ,  we 3 brothers can take the  possession of this  G.F. room from Bhabhi?

What are the other viable  options?

Thanks & Regards

Learning

2 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     20 September 2017

You appear to be under a misconception, your mother was a tenant and tenants can not bequeath rented premises under a Will. In your case your mother's Will is infructuous. The blood relatives of the tenant residing in the premises after the demise of the tenant are deemed tenants and have the right to only occupy and reside at the premises. It will be in the best of your interests to mutually settle the differences. Kishor Mehta
1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 September 2017

You can benfit from the advise of Mr. Kishore Mehta.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register