Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

truptikanekar   29 August 2017

How to change epf member name in death case ?

Respected Seniors,

One of our employee name is Mr. P Rao in all the ID proofs submitte to us eg: Driving license, Pan card etc. His actual name is Mr. P Rao Dhaipule. After his death I am trying to settle his PF and Pension but his wife name is Mrs. Parvathy P Rao Dhaipule. She is not able to open bank account in any bank with surname Rao. So I wanted to know if there is any process to change name of employee in death case?

Thanks in Advance,

Trupti

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

Strange problem, instead of being concerned with any of your official problem, you seem to be concerned with the problem of a third party!

Can you please clarify, in what capacity, you are going to setle the PF and pension of the deceased?

Also, instead of discharging your duty with reference to the official records, how you are concerned with the ability or inability of opening of bank account by the widow of the deceased?

truptikanekar   30 August 2017

Dear Sir,

Good Morning!

I am working as HR in this organization. And Mr. P Roa was our employee. Mr. P Rao submitted his all ID proofs with surname Rao and Dhaipule was not mentioned in any of his ID Proofs. Even his previous company experience certificate mentioned him as P Rao. It is only after his death we came to know from his wife that his name is P Rao Dhaipule.I want  help as soon  as possible as this employees family are badly in need of money.

Thanks in advance,

Trupti

(Guest)

You have to restrict your activity in the case only to discharge your duty & responsibility according to the existing record, not by attemting to tamper with the records just to accommodate the widow of the deceased.

Let the widow solve her banking problem with the help of her banker, not by getting the official record tampered through you by misuse of your official position.

1 Like

(Guest)

Perfectly advised by Mr. Jigyasu. I appreciate about his rational and impartial advice.

1 Like

truptikanekar   30 August 2017

Dear Sir,

Thankyou for reply. One last query.

Can Divergency certificate from Mamlatdar help in this case?

Regards,

Trupti

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 August 2017

EPFO will give dues as per Spaldington forms Bank will open account as per spelling of adhar card How do you want to helput By tampering record held in EPFO or By

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 August 2017

EPFO will give dues as per Spaldington forms Bank will open account as per spelling of adhar card How do you want to helput By tampering record held in EPFO or By

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register