LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

What can be the major causes of heavy delay in judgments

It is seen that many court cases take 10, 20, 30 or even more years to settle.

What can be the major causes of extraordinary delay in proceedings and final judgments?

Layers/ Experts community are requested to throw light on this aspect.

Learning

28 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 July 2017

@ Jigyasu,

1. You are anonymous author and anonymous person(s) are not entertained on this platform.

2. What is the dispute/problem and your locus to it?

3. You will agree this site is created for helping out needy litigants whereas you have posted topic for debate, isn't it?

4. LCI Admin is requested to filter and remove such query/author.

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     30 July 2017

Answers to Academic questions in particular, and annonymous questions raised in general are, obviously, outside the ambit of this forum which endeavours to assist genuine needly persons who will have no hesitation in either disclosing all facts of his/her case or identity please.

Answers to Academic questions in particular, and annonymous questions raised in general are, obviously, outside the ambit of this forum which endeavours to assist genuine needly persons who will have no hesitation in either disclosing all facts of his/her case or identity please.

(Guest)
Respected Dr. Vashsta ji,

May that I am an anonymous person, but my objective is to bring some most vital facts of the justice system of India for the benefits of the common man, who run towards the courts, but ultimately get dejected due to the evils of the prevailing justice system. I don't have any objection to reveal identity to you in person and may some time reveal that also.

I fully agree with you that this site is created for helping out needy litigants. But, I also hope that you would agree with me that the forum section stands created for augmentation of the knowledge of the members if any topic is posted for debate.

On the other hand, you may also agree that the present justice system is not fully geared up and is bogged with evils the causes of which are never explained to the litigants and they continue to suffer once they take the route of litigation. 

If you like to see, I have answered most of the questions, may be 70 or so, in the forum section after I joined LCI. You can find that my answers are straight forward, simple and purposeful just to guide the problem-stricken querists. I raised merely 3 questions that point towards evils of the present day justice system. That is also for the sole purpose of guidance and alertness of the needy litigant sufferers, not for myself, as they do not relate to any of my problems.

My intention is to provide solutions to mitigate such type of prevalent evils, not to misuse the information. Neither I am a student, nor I have any legal problem for the present. For future, only God may know what is in my destiny.

So, nobody can deny the evils of the present justice system. I have not done any wrong or for any gainful puspose of my own by asking about the major causes of extraordinary delay in proceedings and final judgments on account of which most of the sufferers are not able to get justice and are almost ruined due to the extraordinary delay in justice system.

Since only the lawyer community and the sufferers can explain the causes by dint of their practical experience, I have sought for the information merely to make those causes to be published through this forum for the purpose orf general awareness and alertness of the litigants.

However, if anyone don't like to render helping hand on this cause, nobody can compel them for that.

(Guest)

@A.A.Jose,

Hope, you would also have been convinced by my explanation to Dr. Vashista.

If you like and know some of such evils, you may probably not refuse to help the readers.

Jitendra Ahuja (Lawyer)     30 July 2017

@jigyasu why are you participating as anonymous. It clearly shows you are merely interesting in debating, distracting and instigating for no reason or may be you like to while away others time. Due to such attitude genuine ppl get deprived of valuable advices as genuine lawyers would find it not feasable to waste their valuable time in entertaining mongers

(Guest)

My Dear Jitendra Ahuja Sahib,

I really wonder on your statement, "Due to such attitude genuine ppl get deprived of valuable advices as genuine lawyers would find it not feasable to waste their valuable time in entertaining mongers." Would you please like to point out, if I put any compulsion for you to waste your valuable time by responding on this query?

If you thought me as an ingenuine person and entertaining monger and also not interested to provide the desired information, you have really wasted your time by responding to this query and failing to rendering some valuable advice to the genuine ppl in that slot of time.

You may like to agree that your response to my query was quite voluntary at your own, not on account of any pressure on you from my side in any manner.

Not taking any false plea, I may admit, of course I am interested in debating on the burning issue for the benefit of one and all concerned, even for the genuine and sincere lawyers, who have to unduly waste their precious time in attending various courts on each day, but get only dates after dates leading to the dissatisfaction of their clients with ultimate loss of their reputation due to their helplessness in pushing through the cases of their clients. PLEASE REMEMBER, IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR TALENT TI FIGHT THE CASES, MOST OF THE GENUINE LAWYERS GET UNEXPLAINED SET BACK IN THEIR CAREERS ON ACCOUNT OF UNEXPLAINED DELAY IN FINALISATION OF THEIR CASES DUE TO VARIOUS ATTRIBUTABLE REASONS, ON WHICH I HAVE RAISED GEJNUINE QUESTIONS ONLY.

However, if some lawyers/ experts think some of their close secrets are likely to get disclosed by sharing the requisite information, they can feel free to avoid this query to make this die its own death or to make the information helpful to the genuuine lawyers and their clients.

Jitendra Ahuja (Lawyer)     31 July 2017

@Jigyasu. Do law. Find your own answers. Do good rather than raising such queries. As you watch lot of movies and your question than you also should know something as mediation and consent terms which are quick disposals. One thing is enlighten that your queries are not worth to be entertained as you are merely anonymous who doesn't have courage to appear in its original form

Jitendra Ahuja (Lawyer)     31 July 2017

Excuse for typos .. to your question.. you also should know. Enlightened.. that your queries Its..his/her original form

(Guest)

@Jitendra Ahuja,

Your post makes me curious to get some valuable knowledge from you by asking some vital questions:

1. Don't you feel that you have again wasted your time in responding to the post again instead of doing good to some genuine ppl by depriving them of valuable advices, when you have already expressed your concern on waste of your time?

2. As you advised me to do law, do you feel that on doing law, it is good on the part of a lawyer to make many court cases take 10, 20, 30 or even more years to settle?

3. Do you feel that anonymous persons can make only worthless queries and being anonymous cannot be entertained. If that be, I am really surprised why my query was again entertained by you, while you showed your concern that you were deprived of rendering valuable advices to the geuine people!

May in your views my queries be not worth to be entertained by you in individual capacity, but several people would have liked my query and would have been waiting the causes to be brought to light, they, i.e., many needy litigants and genuine lawyers can get benefited and be able to take adequate precautions in not letting the case get delayed unduly to much extent.

Now, I hope that you would like to waste some more time on this issue and help the genuine litigants and lawyers to know the trade secret of some lawyers get revealed as what tricks they use to get the court cases delayed. If not, your present post may give a clear impression as if you are also in favour of unduly causing delay in court judgments.

(Guest)
@Jitendra Ahuja,

I have already replied your post on another thread at:
https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=152334&offset=2

However, the same is reproduced here also for your information.

"Your post makes me curious to get some valuable knowledge from you by asking some vital questions: "

"1. Don't you feel that you have again wasted your time in responding to the post again instead of doing good to some genuine ppl by depriving them of valuable advices, when you have already expressed your concern on waste of your time?"

"2. As you advised me to do law, do you feel that on doing law, it is good on the part of a lawyer to make many court cases take 10, 20, 30 or even more years to settle?"

"3. Do you feel that anonymous persons can make only worthless queries and being anonymous cannot be entertained. If that be, I am really surprised why my query was again entertained by you, while you showed your concern that you were deprived of rendering valuable advices to the geuine people!"

"May in your views my queries be not worth to be entertained by you in individual capacity, but several people would have liked my query and would have been waiting the causes to be brought to light, they, i.e., many needy litigants and genuine lawyers can get benefited and be able to take adequate precautions in not letting the case get delayed unduly to much extent."

"Now, I hope that you would like to waste some more time on this issue and help the genuine litigants and lawyers to know the trade secret of some lawyers get revealed as what tricks they use to get the court cases delayed. If not, your present post may give a clear impression as if you are also in favour of unduly causing delay in court judgments."

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=152334&offset=2

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 July 2017

Enough has been discussed mostly on qualification of the member, rather than the issue he has raised.

It is true that most of us are common men, and some of us may have their own problems in revealing the identity.

A member should only look to the issue as a query, and not the individual that has sought.

Definitely, it should have been constructive, Had the issue been discussed focusing for reasons on such delay, how to  expedite the issues considering each hurdle of it's delay.

It is absolutely true that a common man, who is not having any of his resources, when compared with opponent is  being adversey affected by such inordinate delay.  Infact those who are frustrated, lost interest, blaming the system for such delays are personally known to me and to all members.  

There is no need to educate members as to who is biggest litigant, the National Litigation Policy.. The blame game of parties blaming Advocates, advocates blaming the judiciary, judiciary blaming the advocate is going on since several years..

Both the Government and judiciary must have already brought some directives to cut the delays, and had the experts informed of such directives, reasons for the undue delay, and how to cut the delays should have been most educative .

The experts should also share and enlighten a common man, as some common knowledge on each subject is essential for any man, be it in medicine, engineering or law.  A common man can not join the course and get such professional degree, only for his Jignasa ( strong desire to know).

Hope that members shall  focus only on the issues and not on members who behind the issue atleast for those matters related to larger public interest in general.

1 Like

(Guest)

@ G.L.N. Prasad.

I really admire your spirit of understanding the gravity of the issue, which I earnestly expected from the experts community. But, regretfully, they failed in appreciating the issue of widespread eveil.

I wonder, why the experts are shy in sharing their knowledge for the benefit of not only the frustrated litigants, but also for the their own fraternity to enable them to adopt some corrective measures to avoid such causes of heavy delay in litigations, when my question was of general interest, not about my individual problem. I have already made that clear in two threads that I do not have any such problem of my own, nor I have asked with particular reference to any judgment.

Probably that may be their own close secret, if they don't want to provide the desired information!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register