Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramesh   03 June 2017

Buying land of assignment patta and grama natham land

HI Sir,

Before i start to get suggestions, i thank for your effort and time for your reply. 

We are planned to do a family settlement of our grand father land. there are 3 son's and 1 daughter for my grand father. my father is one of them. now my father's elder brother willing to give his share of land to us for cash. 

as per the current law in tamilnadu on restrict of land to sale or buy. do we able to regsiter the land?

If not, what we can do? becuase my father's elder brother is looking money urgently for his personal reason's. we are confused that without registering the land how we can give money.

NOTE: land is grama natham and it has assigment patta provided on 80's.

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 June 2017

You can prefer family settlement deed & get registered.

A family arrangement is an agreement between members of the same family, intended to be generally and reasonably for the benefit of the family either by compromising doubtful or disputed right or by preserving the family property or the peace and security of the family by avoiding litigation or by saving its honour”.

The agreement may be implied from a long course of dealing, but it is more usual to embody or to effectuate the agreement in a deed to which the term family agreement is applied”.

1 Like

(Guest)

checkout the latest high court order. i guess there was some relatxation made.
i myself have a client waiting to regsitered a 8 ground of natham land in tamlnadu, but waiting for a client direction on it.

(Guest)

correction

*clear direction on it.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     04 June 2017

There is no title to the lands of Assignment and Grama Natham.  You should be in physical possession as long as you want.  If you vacate the land somebody will occupy it.  Even if you do Registration of the land, you will not get title over the land.  Hence, it is better to enter into writing on bond paper with the elder brother of your father and you occupy the same and build atleast one RCC room, take electricty connection, water connection etc to prove your possession.  Normally the rate of these lands will be half of the market value of clear title land.  

ramesh   09 June 2017

Thank you all.

ramesh   09 June 2017

Can i get the written word saying from my fathers elder brother until the settlement registered has been done that i borrow some amount for my share of land and when every a registration will happen, i will come and give my signature on the registration bond paper including with my sons, if needed.

Is it not valid to have written in bond paper as per the law? Some people are saying that will not be useful in future, at any time they may have option to disagree and stop the registration.

Pls advise ,

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register