LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rashid Ansari   08 May 2017

Paid stamp duty & registration fee,but not registered prpty

I had booked a property in Virar Maharastra 2.5 years back, I had paid stamp duty & registration fee (around 1.5 lakh) but then  NOT REGISTERED property. I would like to know, stamp duty & registration fee I had paid is still valid or not. 

if it is not valid now then how i can claim my paid stamp duty & registration fee.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

If buyer and seller are available immedately approach registration office for registration and get it registered. 

See I will be straight I don't encourgage wrong way because if you go wrong then it never stop and property matters can surface probelm after decades that you are not owner of flat only and hence no right on property.

Although I have ans. to your question still I prefer you follow me first and that is correct way , if they ask to pay registration fee or deficiency after adjudication then please do it . 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 May 2017

After buying a property and paying the stamp duty applicable, the buyer can register the purchase within four months of the agreement. Registrations done after this period, that is in the fifth month, are charged a penalty of 2 ½ times the registration fee; in the sixth month the penalty would be five times the registration fee; in the eighth month the penalty would be ten times the registration fee; but in the ninth month there is no penalty.

In general, buyers and sellers should go for registration. However, in case a property was purchased a long time back and the seller is not available, or is not ready to come forward for the registration, the purchaser has right to register the property by making a declaration. 

Pictures of the event.

1 Like

(Guest)

Declaration system is abolished by latest notification in Maharashtra. People use to do declaration in absence of seller but now they have stop by notification and hence I insisit all should pay stamp duty and registration fee and get it registered immedately . 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register