LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikas Mehta   23 April 2017

Separation notice which company does not want to honour

I recently signed a seperation notice with my company. They mentioned the amount without the working. Now they r saying they mentioned wrong amount. Can I challenge the company since they signed the document with me before and it was they only who prepared the document.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 April 2017

Consult a local prudent lawyer with all relevant documents for proper appreciation, analyses, guidance and proceeding.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 April 2017

An error apparent on the face of the record could always be corrected.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 April 2017

Agreeing with Dr.J.C.Vashista,Mr. P.Venu.

The agreement should be examined.

Genericaly speaking: Yes.

Saying, telling, asking are all verbal modes of communication and are difficlut to prove.

Until or unless you have recorded (audio/visual/witnessed/minuted).

Employee should consult elders of the family, competent and experienced well wishers, emplyee’s unions/employee’s forums /trade unions leaders, a very able counsel/law firm of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Labor/service matters,  before acting on his/her own and signing on the dotted line.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 April 2017

What is this separation agreement and what does it contain verbatim is known to you alone.

Does it contain any clause that in case of difference etc etc the agreement can be reconsidered, renegotiated or dispute is to be 1st decided by arbitrator? If yes who will appoint arbitrator and where shall be seat of arbitrator?

Now after signing an agreement if you are facing issue(s), you may consult a very able counsel/law firm of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Labor/service matters, for a considered opinion on options and merits in each option.

Your counsel can also opine if stand of the company, T&C in the agrment,   can stand test of law?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register