Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddique (OWNER)     05 April 2017

Cancellation of mother-in-law's passport

Hello Experts,

Few years back, my mother-in-law who used to stay with me & my wife (after our marriage) in my own house, got a passport issued in her name on my CHS flat's address after taking my consent & NOC etc. (in the year 2011/12)

At present, my MIL no more stays in my flat (shifted in her own house a couple of years back due to serious differences with me) but her passport still continues to be in my flat's address only.

Due to severe, never-ending irreconciliable differences between myself & wife, my MIL constantly abuses me very much. Hence, I do not want her passport to be in my flat's address as I am totally pissed & upset with my wife's & MIL's behaviour.

What can I do to notify the Passport authorities to cancel my MIL's passport as I got strict objections to my MIL's passport continuing to have my flat's address ?

PS : Negotiations with my MIL to get the Change-of-Address in her passport, is impossible.

Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 April 2017

Issue a Registered Notice to MIL to change the address in her passport immediately.   Wait for a month and inform to PPO by registered post and enclose copy of the Regd.notice sent to your MIL.  There your responsibility ends, it is your MIL's duty to provide correct address.   Now it is linked to AADHAR, you need not worry about this.

Irrespective of other's treatment, one should maintain his own dignity in society and should not make a mountain out of a mole.

2 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 April 2017

Write to Regional Passport Officer for necessary action giving details of case with evidence.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 April 2017

Not updating her address by a senior citizen is not a crime.  The address provided by her is not false and belongs to her daughter, as she may be moving and the residence of her daughter may be permanent in nature.  

Siddique (OWNER)     01 May 2017

Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad
Issue a Registered Notice to MIL to change the address in her passport immediately.   Wait for a month and inform to PPO by registered post and enclose copy of the Regd.notice sent to your MIL.  There your responsibility ends, it is your MIL's duty to provide correct address.   Now it is linked to AADHAR, you need not worry about this.

Hello Sir, Thanks so much for your reply & opinion; much appreciated !

Sir, when you comment ==> "Now it is linked to AADHAR, you need not worry about this."
I didn't get it exactly. 

Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad
Irrespective of other's treatment, one should maintain his own dignity in society and should not make a mountain out of a mole.

I just want to ensure that my address doesn't provide her the privilege of travelling abroad henceforth. Beyond this, I don't want anything else.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by : Dr J C Vashista
Write to Regional Passport Officer for necessary action giving details of case with evidence.

Thanks so much for Sir for your advice.

Will the RPO take cognisance of my appeal & take neccesary action to effect the change-of-address on MIL's passport ?

Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad
Not updating her address by a senior citizen is not a crime.  The address provided by her is not false and belongs to her daughter, as she may be moving and the residence of her daughter may be permanent in nature.  

Not updating the address may not be a serious crime but isn't it a default on part of the passport holder to intimate the RPO of his/her correct whereabouts & keep the current address updated with RPO's record ?

MIL's daughter's address may or may not be permanent (as marital dispute going on with MIL's daughter); regardless of this, how can MIL still continue to have her passport in the address where she doesn't stay at present (since last 2 years) & no future prospects of her coming back to stay at the old address ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register