LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Renting or selling a property of mentally ill grand father

Please let me know what leagal step i can take to stop my uncle to sell or rent a property that belongs to mentally ill grand father. And also he may have forged a gift deed or will .

1.Can he resgiter a rent agreement or sale deed on the basis of forged gift deed?

2. Or even without such gift deed 

3. If there is any way i can informat registrar (thoguht court) regarding the same?

Thanks

Raj Mahajan

Learning

5 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     05 March 2017

Sir, It has to be proved that your grandfather is mentally weak and is not able to take decisions in his interest. You had better consuIt an advocate. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     05 March 2017

Let your Grand Father be examined by a Psychiatrist.Having done that if the Psychiatrist reports/opines that your Grandfather is really mentally ill  you file a next Friend petition in District Court and file a suit after court appoints you as next friend  for declaration that your uncles title documents to the suit property  are forged incuding his his version,allegations etc as totally false and baseless and injuntion to restraining your uncle to rent or sell the Suit property in dispute till the suit is finally disposed off along with a stay petition/temporary injunction  to restrain your uncle in dealing with suit property  based on forged documents or otherwise till the final disposal of the  suit.

For your first two questions my abnswer is no and for the last question  my answer is yes.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     05 March 2017

Let your Grand Father be examined by a Psychiatrist.Having done that if the Psychiatrist reports/opines that your Grandfather is really mentally ill  you file a next Friend petition in District Court and file a suit after court appoints you as next friend  for declaration that your uncles title documents to the suit property  are forged incuding his his version,allegations etc as totally false and baseless and injuntion to restraining your uncle to rent or sell the Suit property in dispute till the suit is finally disposed off along with a stay petition/temporary injunction  to restrain your uncle in dealing with suit property  based on forged documents or otherwise till the final disposal of the  suit.

1 Like

(Guest)

Thanks for the response Mam.

(Guest)
Yes kishor ji I have all the prescripttions. but grand father is in their custody so doctor examination can be done through court order only

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register