LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Darisi   17 January 2017

Time bar encroached car parking

The Car Parking slot / space allotted to me in the cellar area of our apartment / flats has been occupied by my neighbour without anybody's permission since 2010. I was not staying here in Visakhapatnam due to my employment in Mumbai. After retiremement, I have shifted here in Sep., 2016. Since then, I have been talking to every one and trying for his vacating the space amicably, but no tangible result so far. I am now planning to commence legal proceedings with the help / guidance of a reputed advocate here. Our Flat Owners' Association President is now requesting me to have patience; says he is confident of convincing that owner. Also he says I can take recourse to legal proceedings anytime - no time limit. I request your kind guidance as to whether there is no time bar for staking claim on our property illegally occupied by others?

Learning

2 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     17 January 2017

If  your neigibour has occupied your car parking space for 12 years or more uninterruptedly and continuously and peacefully he can claim right to ownership of your parking space  by the law of adverse possession.So hurry up and  proceed legally to reclaim your ownership of  parkingspace in  your apartments cellar area.If you appreciate this answer please give me alike on my profile.

1 Like

Ravi Darisi   18 January 2017

Thanks a lot, madam for your prompt reply. Shall certainly go by the advise you gave. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register