LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRODYOT ROY   15 January 2017

Alteration of settlement deed

We are hindu by religion.IAm elder brother registered a settlement deed with my younger brother on my own land , condition is that after re payment of my loan you may get right of said immovable 1st floor,inthe mean time I gave hin to construct your house,after few years he started different humiliation with me as well as my wife.I am resident of Hari nabi of shuru 24 pabana and registered the deed at ADSR Sonarpur,in the mean time he signed me some papers with help of my father with the pretext that it only a concent letter,and intimidate me "if you do n't sign Father will tell your Director that  you are not looking after your parent".your little son may suffer etc. With a fear i put my signature. Now I'm afraid is not it a POA by which hr may alter the terms and conditions of said registered settlement deed?My question is can he do this from Registreer of Assurance,Kolkata as I got a encumbrances certificate from ADSR Sonarpur.it is free upto 2014. Plz advice me.

Learning

1 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     16 January 2017

Once a registered settlement deed isduly made and acted upon it is irreviocable and binding on the parties.If  one of the parties (Younger brother) through intimiidation andfraud through a registered POA  CREATED AN IMPRESSION THAT HE IS NOT ACTING IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMSS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SETTLEMENT DEED. HENCE THE SETTLER SHOULD CANCEL HIS EARLIER REGISTERED SETTLEMENT DEED IF NECESSARY BY REMOVING HIS YOUNGER BROTHER FROM THE SETTLEMENT DEED WHO TRIED TO Play fraud. OR HE MAY CANCEL OLD SETTLEMENT DEED AND A NEW SETTLEMENT DEED BE PUT IN PLACE.T ALSO  HE MAY CANCEL THE POA ALSO  AND REVOKE WHICH IS ILLEGAL.iF YOU APPRECIATE THIS ANSWER PLEASE GIVE ME  A LIKE ON MY PROFILE.

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register