Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep   24 December 2016

498a : how much time spendin this

Hi,

On July 2015, My wife register 498A case against me and my family in civil court. Now more than a year passesd but they are havent come on any date and on other end we are going each time. On last date, I asked to my lawyer about this I mean what we can do from our end because they are not coming on any date till now. So he told me we already sent them notice and now we can request for warrant. 

But here I have a doubt, whether my lawyer is tustworthy or not? Because when I asked for receipt or any ack of notice then he said that is not with me.

Kindly help me out and give me proper guidance and suggestion. Because we are struggling because of this fake complaint and currently not understand that what we can do further and how much time will take in all these. This impact on my carreer as well.

Appreciate for your efforts and help.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Learning

5 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     25 December 2016

Section 498 A is under speedy duisposal list , I do not understand why they are delayingf so much. In the next hearing make A MENTION BEFORE THE JUDGE THAT EXPEDITE THE HEARING AND FIX A FINAL HEARING AT AN EARLY DATE..Either the false FIR may be quashed by High court in a Writ or you my be acquitted in the trial court.So don't worry. If you  appreciate this answer please give me a like on my  profile.If you doubt the integrity of your advocate change the lawyer to  a new one who  is not only an expert but also trustworthy..

3 Like

Sandeep   25 December 2016

Thanks Usha.

Kunuthur Srinivasa Reddy   25 December 2016

Dear Sandeep,

Please file a quash petition in the High Court, selecting another lawyer of character, integrity and honesty. You are sure to get the relief from the High Court as 498a has become a sure weapon for absolute misuse due to gender bias, heavily balanced in favour of women. In fact, Supreme Court of India has also made drastic comments over its abuse and misuse. Also, change the lawyer who is presently your counsel in the lower court. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 December 2016

It is a criminal case complainant may come only when required for evidence and need not to come on every date. This is no ground to file quash petition

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 December 2016

It is a criminal case complainant may come only when required for evidence and need not to come on every date. This is no ground to file quash petition

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register