Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sharanu   24 December 2016

Purchasing open plot from grand mother

Respected Sir/Madam,

1) Is it legal to purchase land from grand mother (Mother of my mother)?

2) My Grand mother has 4 children. 3 female and 1 male. Grand father is passed away and thi s propoerty is solely purchased by my grandmother with her own money. Do I have to take NOC from legal heirs?

3) If i have to NOC from legal heirs then can i take in 20rs e-stamp? and registering in notary is enough?

Kindly advise me.

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     24 December 2016

If it's your grandmothers own property then she can sell it to you or to anyone else as per her wish.
1 Like

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     25 December 2016

If it is your grand mother's self acquird property she may AS ABSOLUTE OWNER BEQUEATH, MORTGAGE, SELL,GIFT, EXCHNGE ETC OF THAT PROPERTY TO anyone. Take a relinqueshment deed from other stakeholdrs your maternal aunts and your mternal uncle.20 Rupees e stamp is not legally valid. Relinqueshment deed is valid and get it registered.then pay whatever consideration she demands  if reasonable and own the property after negotiating well of the property purchased over the price.If you appreciate this answer plwse give me a like on my profile.Take the link documents/sale deeds as far back as possibe to strenghen your purchase.REgister the sale deed.Get theproperty mutated in you rname through revenue offcials.

1 Like

Sharanu   02 January 2017

Thank you very much for the information

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register