Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lostkite   29 November 2016

Mediation

Hi 

I have filed divorcce. court have asked to go for mediation . should i need to personally attend the mediation or if an advocate attend on my behalf to know the there terms would be enough. 

if an adovcate can attend do i need to give POA for mediation to him or no need.?

i have to go abroad asap. but i am sure other party will try to hold me back. 

Could i fight the case at the event of mediation fails with an advocate as an POA for the case?

here there are two things to be focused Mediation and Divorce Case.

I am ready to give POA for the divorce case but am hesitated to give POA for mediation. 

what shuold i do . Please advice 

Learning

8 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     29 November 2016

You just sign the vakalatnama, and can leave the country if no criminal case is pending.

Your lawyer will take care of mediation and case.

Sachin (N.A)     29 November 2016

If you are hesitate to send your lawyer for mediation, your family member can attend the mediation

(Guest)
Originally posted by : lostkite
Hi 

I have filed divorcce. court have asked to go for mediation . should i need to personally attend the mediation or if an advocate attend on my behalf to know the there terms would be enough. 

if an adovcate can attend do i need to give POA for mediation to him or no need.?

i have to go abroad asap. but i am sure other party will try to hold me back. 

Could i fight the case at the event of mediation fails with an advocate as an POA for the case?

here there are two things to be focused Mediation and Divorce Case.

I am ready to give POA for the divorce case but am hesitated to give POA for mediation. 

what shuold i do . Please advice 

The above two advices are wrong.  Please dont follow them.

Your question of whether to attend mediation or not or send advocate or appoint power of attorney is asking like :I am hungry, can I feed my neighbour, or POA or lawyer?: If you want to settle the case, 

1.  Move ahead with divorce via MCD, fix a price for your freedom, formulate agreement for terms and conditions of MCD, then you will have to attend mediation, say it yourself to the mediators and then the judge.

2.  If you want to continue with marriage ie if your wife cooperates and she is intending to mend her ways and adjust with you, then too you need to put this on record with the judge by attending the mediation,

Asking POA or your advocate to attend mediation will only ensure one more loooooooonnngggg date.  Some more time is wasted.  Instead of that talk to your folks, if you all decide to finish matter, then arrange money, keep it ready, go to mediation, ask how much she wants, and follow what I have suggested. 

Dont waste time.  Time and tide wait for none.

Mukesh sharma (job )     29 November 2016

Hi if you attend medition than its very good and better in your case this must support your case if there no good reson to leave medition than you give application in  court and leave it 

its all process not effect in your case and if you not attend medition process its end without any other activity and they send to report to court 

Zoheb Khatri (Practicing in Mumbai ZohebKhatri@gmail.com)     30 November 2016

Your Lawer represent you in case, for signing on consent terms your presence will be required.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     30 November 2016

If you both abhor each other and cant stand each other then don't go for mediaion. Go abroad.  Before going abroa dsign your  vakalatnama.Would you give me my forum likes in exchange for free legal advice.?

2 Like

A walk alone (-)     01 December 2016

If you can't attend then better send medical certificate with lawyer saying you are ill unable to attend. Ask your lawyer to listen what they want but dnt response anything. Say he will ask you after discussion he will reply. Let her roam mediation centre for two three dates. Ask your lawyer to take dates two or three time. Case can be in mediation centre upto three months. After two or three date appear there and response their wants or if you don't appear they will send mediation fail report to court.

lostkite   02 December 2016

thanks for your all advice . 

thanks usha kapoor 

they filed criminal cases on me and fought for 5 years got acquittal based on that i filed divorce. 

so there is no way that i am going to be with her. my life already ruined 

so thts the background 

thanks for all ur advices if any more will be appreciated 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register