LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajshekar   28 November 2016

Process for changing property ownership to sons

We have house which is on my mother name but my mother expired 2 years back in 2013 . I have elder brother . What is the process to follow to change property ownership from my mother to me and my brother.

Learning

10 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 November 2016

It is believed that deceased was Hindu and has not left any valid WILL and property was self acquired .

Confirm!

The self acquired/absoloute estate of deceased Hindu female devolves equally upon; Sons and daughters, husband.

Obtain death certificate, legal heir affidavit/certificate and submit to authortiy under whose authortiy property falls. 

rajshekar   28 November 2016

Thanks for reply.

Ours Hindhu family , there was no will . we bought the property in 1989 and registered on my mother name.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 November 2016

The self acquired/absoloute estate of deceased Hindu female devolves equally upon; Sons and daughters, husband. Obtain death certificate, legal heir affidavit/certificate and submit to authortiy under whose authortiy property falls. 

The authority shall record the inheritance in mutation records.

1 Like

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     29 November 2016

The  absolute property of  a Female  Hindu dying intestate devolves upon her sons,daugheters ands husband. You obtain DEATH CERTIFICATE, Legla heir certiifcate,   AND PRODUCE BEFORE PROPER REVENUE AUTHORITY AND GET  THE PROPERTY MUTATD IN YOUR NAMES. yOU AND YOUR BROTHER'S' NAMES.wOULD  YOU GIVE ME  PROFILE/FORUM LIKES IN EXCHANGE FOR FREE LEGAL ADVICE?

1 Like

rajshekar   29 November 2016

Today my brother told property ownership changed to me and my borther but i didnot do signature on any documents.

My doubt , is my signature really required on any of the documents.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 November 2016

Any one of the legal heirs can submit the requisite documents to the authority to record inheritance.

You may obtain the certified copies of mutation record wth all link documents from authortiy and keep these safely.

IN case of doubt show these to your own counsel.

1 Like

rajshekar   29 November 2016

My father is not involved in this process but there is no objection from him about ownership transfer .

Any thing written proof required here from my father ?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 November 2016

If father has relinquished his share then his share can be added to one in whose favor he has relinquished his share.

1 Like

rajshekar   30 November 2016

Can you please help me on which documents needs to be collected from muncipality to make sure property (house) transferred to my brother and me.

Recently we got proerty tax payment notice from muncipality there my brother and my name is showing.

Mutation record is little bit confusing after reading below article (mentioned it is only for agriculture lands).

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/How-to-Obtain-Mutation-Record-Certificate-125671.asp

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 November 2016

It is a simple case of inheritance and it is to be recorded with authority under whose jurisdiction property falls e.g ;MC, and revenue authortiy e.g; patwaari...............

Approach both.

The property tax should ideally be deposited from joint a/c of both brothers.

Further your own able counsel specializing in revenue/civil matters can hlep you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register