LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hello@100   23 November 2016

Consumer regress

The touch screen and the display of my phone was not working properly, so i had given it for inspection, to a samsung authorized service centre. Although my phone is in the warranty period, they are charging me around 8000 INR for the display change, as they are suggesting that the damage has been caused due to mishandling, which voids the warranty clause. To be more specific they are showing me some white patches in it and trying to convince me that those are water imposed damages which may have caused due to mishandling. .... It is a Samsung E5 model, which barely cost around 13K INR in the market, so i asked them to let the problem persist and return me my phone in the same condition as it was given to them. Now, the service centre is charging me around 1800 INR as the handling charge, which is quite absurd and humiliating. On being asked to justify their stand, they are claiming that some parts need to be purchased for the device to be re-assembled to its original state. They are even refusing to state their claim in writing, duly attested. So, this unethical behavior has put me into agony and I now, fear to loose my priced accessory to these loons. Please suggest me a way around.

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 November 2016

Don't compromise on getting everything in writing under proepr seal and signature.

Record their declinature (audio/visual/minuted/witnessed).

Escalate to their customer care and then approach DCDRF.

1 Like

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     24 November 2016

APPROCH  CONSUMER FORUM AND FIGHT FOR YOU RIGHTS. THERE YOU WILL GET JUSTICE. a SAMSUNG'A PRODUCT HAS DFICIENCY IN SERVICE  YOU CAN APPROACH YOUR COST O FSAMSUNG PHONE INSTRUMENT+INTEREST++DAMAGES_ MENTAL PAIN AND MENTAL PAIN due to DAMAGE OF NEWLY ACQUIRED GADGET SAMSUNG PHONE INSTRUMNT.YOU WILL WIN THE CASE MXIMUM WITHIN A YEAR. GATHER ALL THE EVIDENCE ANY PHONE CALLS RECORDED, VIDEO RECORDINGS ETC WITH SAMSUNG PEOPLE .. If you appreciate this answer you convey my Forum thanks by clicking thanks.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 November 2016

If the matter is not resolved as wanted by you and as per your rights handover to your counsel specializing in consumer matters.

1 Like

hello@100   25 November 2016

Thank you so much for your responses. I had already decided to go to the customer regress office with the documents that i have.

1. I dont feel like keeping it with them anymore as they might tamper it any other way to further harass me. Now, since they are refusing to give it to me in the previous state, shall i take it back paying the sum (Rs 1800) as they are demanding (via receipt) ? Or shall i take back the phone in the dismantled state, paying service charge (Rs 147) ? 

2.  Since my phone is with them, so i didn't have anything to record the conversation. So, will that be a problem ?

3. When i had submitted the phone, they had given me a receipt, only mentioning about an inspection charge of Rs175. They had also verbally informed me, that if i dont wish to go on with the repair ( unable to bear the high repair cost) i would get back my phone in the previous state by paying the inspection charge of 175 and an extra amount of Rs 300 for a certain "heat tape" which needs to be purchased for the phone to be re-assembled. I had primarily agreed to that verbally and am still ready to pay that amount. But they did not inform me about any other parts neither verbally nor officially. So, now when i am asking them that why didn't they inform me about this cost, they are reluctantly saying that they generally don't do so. Please suggest something .

4. I have been literally agitating for their written statement, but they have been bluntly refusing to do so . I even called up the samsung toll free customer care number to complaint. They had primarily to rejected to do anything about it. They kept saying that it is a matter of the specific service centre ( authorized ) and i need to resolve the matter with them personally. When i told them i would go to the consumer court for this, they have given me a certain complaint number. 

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     28 November 2016

Sent a legal notice to the sumsung company stating aforesaid facts.

If  they did not solve the problem you just pay the said amount with the money receipt.

You can file a consumer case stating that it is in course of warranty period. You can direct file without help of the lawyer in you local district consumer forum

JYOTIRMAYA PRASAD BEHERA

ADVOCATE, ORISSA HIGH COURT

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 November 2016

Attach call recordings of manfucturer and complaint number and narrate everything in writing by email/letter thru redg. post.

Record in other phone and keep unshakable witnesses.

Let them reply in writing on any charge that they want to levy and even that the phone shall be returned in dismantled state.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register