Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Dv act/maintainace

Dear All,

whether child who is adult can file a case against father for not maintaining him/her past 16 years ,i.e.not providing him food,money,education etc.which is done by me alone.Till date no finacial or otherwise help  is given to kids

If yes whether DV act is appliacble for kids against father.

Thanks.

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)
Not retrospective in nature. If did not ask maintenance in past cannot claim.now. can claim.from today for kids who did not turn 18 yet.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     09 November 2016

DV act is   a temporqry measure.Alimony could  cover your wife and also your kids. It could   be monthly or  in lump sum.. You neeed to pay alimony to your wife u/s 25 of HMA  which covers  the  kids also. If you appreciate this  answer please convey my forum  thanks.

1 Like

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     09 November 2016

Till the kids become 25 years old you need tomaintain them.Your child has a right to  ask you  why you've  not providd some basic needs.of  the child in acordance with todays gneration..

Sachin (N.A)     09 November 2016

Originally posted by : dont troble
Dear All,

whether child who is adult can file a case against father for not maintaining him/her past 16 years ,i.e.not providing him food,money,education etc.which is done by me alone.Till date no finacial or otherwise help  is given to kids

If yes whether DV act is appliacble for kids against father.

Thanks.

Child cannot file the case . Wife can move to court ( in case she has no source of income) under sec 125  crpc but for future maintenaince and not of past. 

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     09 November 2016

No child cannot file any dv case on their father on these above basis.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 November 2016

Does father have any ancestral property!

(Guest)
Instead of using criminal mind to extort money from husband. Y don't u, 1. Earn money by doing job? 2. Ask husband nicely, he may give his life for u. But for that you should have good track record of being extra sweet to ur husband. It will definitely work.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register