Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashok K Gupta (Assistant Registrar)     17 October 2016

Granting of lien

Hello Learned Members

Running in immense frustration these days.

Was exploring option to get proper suggestion. Fortunately came back to site, as I lost the touch from this website.

I am working in an Academic Institute under Ministry of HRD. A totally govt aided institution.

I have two doubts/ querries:

1. As per rules, in a calendar year, maximum four applications can be forwarded by the institue for High Positions for employment outside the institue. Whether it can be relaxed. Does any rule allow the same?

2. In case of selection at other institute, can the employer deny my lien? Somewhere I have learnt that Lien is a right to the employee. If it be so, please enlighten.

Hope any of your learned members would give your attention to the above

Looking for your valued response...

Ashok K Gupta

Learning

3 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     18 October 2016

If the company's policy is to forward maximum  4 applications of  employee  For Higher positions Ouside his employment then you should take it as four only. Unless I refer your service rules I can't say whether company can relax this rule.

Menaning of  employee's Lien on Higher post: Yes through  proper channel  or through the employer forwarding your application for  a higher post you got selected and want  to overstay there  it means \u are exercising your employees right of lien. But better you take approval of your former employer to stay for an extended period of time.It is also called Lien On Appointment. If you APPRECIATE THIS ANSWER PLAE CLICK THE THANK YOU BUTTON  ON THIS FORUM..:

lien on employment
Definition
Popular Terms
A privilege granted by some employers to employees assuring them that they will have their jobs held while absent. A lien on employment is not guaranteed by most employers, and often requires that the employee provide sufficient reasoning for the absence if the employee is gone for more than the amount of time granted or if the employee did not obtain prior approval. Also called lien on appointment.

Read more: https://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/lien-on-employment.html
1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 October 2016

Download service rules and relate.

Or post the extarcts and attach with query for reference.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2016

you asked

"1. As per rules, in a calendar year, maximum four applications can be forwarded by the institue for High Positions for employment outside the institue. Whether it can be relaxed. Does any rule allow the same?

Only Minister can relezx such conditions and none is going to put us this poetty matter to Minister and if put up you cannot expect decision within last date of application.

2. In case of selection at other institute, can the employer deny my lien? Somewhere I have learnt that Lien is a right to the employee. If it be so, please enlighten."

You are on autonomous bopdy.  Please check the lien conditions adopted by the body.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register