Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ELANGOVAN   10 October 2016

Removal of defendants name in existing suit

Respective  Sir/Madam:

My  father  have  2 brothers  and  5 sisters.     My father  filed suit against his brother and sister  for undivided  agricultural land and asking his share of  1/8.   Issues also framed  and it is moved in the stage of TRAIL.

I  have doubt because my father’s  sisters are married before the years of  1989.  As per  Hindu succession  Act  1989 (Tamilnadu  Amendment Act) they have no rights against the suit  (Ancestrol) property.

Hence  I asked   some information  to The principal  district judge,  City Civil  Court , Chennai  through Right to information Act  2005.  He also replied  Still the Tamilnadu amendment  Act  1989 is Applicable to Tamilnadu and  Hindu succession  Amendment Act  2005  not   abolished  Tamilnadu amendment Act 1989.

Further  we  approached my lawyer  discussed  above the said provisions. We request to Remove the 5  defendant names in  Plaint filed under order 7 rules 1 to 6 and section 151 of C.P.C.  They  are deny our obligations and they guide me  withdraw my Existing suit after that you will file new  suit.

My question  is

1. There is  NO  provisions for  removing defendant name in plaint filed under order  7 Rules 1 to 6 and Section 151 of C.P.C?
  2. If any provisions are available please kindly tell the procedure for  the above said situation.

Thank you!

Learning

2 Replies

ELANGOVAN   10 October 2016

Sir i dont know the  correct meaning of  u/o 22 rule 4 of CPC. I think it is applicable for only if  the defendants  are deseaed or  death,.  In my case The 5 persons are still alive and good health persons only. so we have not file any thing. 

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     10 October 2016

Dear Elangovan,

Under Order 1 Rule 10 (2) Court may strike out or add parties.

But I have serious doubts as to why 2005 amendment is not applicable in the state of Tamil Nadu.

Regards

kapoor.legal@gmail.com 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register