Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shamina sayed (Advocate)     06 January 2010

to get back the name from ration card.

Dear all,

a lady got married and she transferred her name from her parents ration card to her in laws ration card.she also made pass port through in in laws ration card in which she transferred her name.now she obtained divorce by way of deed of divorce(party being muslim)is allowed to divorce out of court.how can she get her name cut from her in laws ration card.letter was issued to ration officer but of no use.the in laws are not co operating.what to do? pls tell.

Learning

8 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     06 January 2010

SHE CAN APPROACH  CONCERN ISSUE AUTHORITY WITH DIVORCE CERTIFICATE TO DELETE FROM R.C AND SHE CAN ASK OTHER CONCERN R.C OFF. TO ISSUE/INCLUDE IN PARENTS R.C HER NAME WITH THIS DELITION CERTIFICATE.

1 Like

shamina sayed (Advocate)     06 January 2010

dear,

every thing suggested by you is done but ration officer is not co operating.so i told him to give in writing that he cannot do any thing and he gave in writting (on one corner of  my notice  which issued to him )that he is not in position to do any thing.now tell me what next.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     07 January 2010

I dont know if I am right. Let her apply for fresh ration card. And let her ask to remove her name from the old ration card. I think while issuing new ration card, name in old ration card has to be removed by the issuing officer. Other option left is to inform to the higher authority regarding the inefficiency of the issuing office along with writtern statement given by him. But my suggestion of applying for new one should be easy, the same way she got tranferred from her parents RC to in  laws RC earlier.

1 Like

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     07 January 2010

One who is competent to issue the ration card, is the person competent to remove the name from the ration card. Check the ration card, to find out, who is the  issuing authority. Then file an application to him to remove the name along with the divorce decree, stating that the lady is no more a member of the family. After issuing notice to the card holder, the issuing authority is bound to delete the name from the ration card. If he fails to do so, then approach his higher authority. If all efforts turn futile, then you can file a writ.

2 Like

shrikant chede (law officer)     08 January 2010

i do agree with kiran p.v

shamina sayed (Advocate)     08 January 2010

dear all,

Thanks a lot !!

R.K.SUNDERRAJ (LAWYER HUBLI,KARNATAKA)     18 January 2010

You can make a representation before the Dy Commissioner of the concerned district, along with the endrosment issued by the Rationing Officer,along with divorce records,your problem will be solved at the earliest,

Dilip Kumar Borah (Manager-Land)     25 January 2010

If all the efforts failed, I think the suggestion made by Mr. RKSunderra would be the best option.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register